Search Unity

[Help] What networking solstion will be best for my RP game

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by UnityMS1, Mar 27, 2017.

1. UnityMS1

UnityMS1

I made a RP game and now we want to start making the networking for it anyone here know what will fit best for my game? it's 100 players per server and we need to have in it all this thing the i listed in this list
    -Vocie chat
    -Server browser
    -Whitelist
    -Server notifictions
    -Players list
    -Server menu
    -Chat
    -Kick and ban players
    -Database System

If you want to come over Discord and help us this is my discord channel
    https://discord.gg/ac2Xp8C

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

You're not going to find a networking solution with all those features turn key ready to go. Most importantly you should be considering server architecture, as in do you want a player to host the game for everyone, do you want to host a series of dedicated servers with server authority, etc.

The networking solutions with the most features for Unity tend to be ones where a player is actually hosting the game simulation. Having a player though host a 100 player server, complete with voice coms, is probably impractical. In that case you're going to need to either go for dedicated servers, or some hybrid solution where you host voice coms in dedicated and have a player host the game simulation. Whatever you do, expect to have to develop a lot of your higher level feature list in house due to your requirements.

3. Kamil-Says

Kamil-Says