Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking For Contributor HELP WANTED: Programmers, Game Designers, and Writers.

Discussion in 'Non Commercial Collaboration' started by unity_AzPdHlU6CGazGw, Jan 9, 2022.

1. unity_AzPdHlU6CGazGw

unity_AzPdHlU6CGazGw

Hello, Unity Community! I've got a game idea that truly speaks to me. It gives me chills every time I think about it, envision it, or talk about it. It is something that I truly want to see become a reality. Before I get into what I bring to the table, I want to clarify that I'm looking to chat with experienced programmers and game designers.

My forte is in the music and sound design department; I have plenty of assets already created. I also have some artists that I can rely on, and can always use free assets/ purchased assets from freelance workers while the game is in an alpha stage. Game design is something I've been studying and thinking about that for as long as I can remember. I got started on Dream Maker in grade school, making some asset flips. Since adulthood, I've taught several classes using Game Salad, and have dabbled with GDevelop too. Somehow, with what limited programming knowledge I have, I was able to put together a functional Mod for LoZ Ocarina of Time using Typescript and an emulator called ModLoader64. That about covers everything a game needs.

As for the idea itself, the mechanics are rock solid, in my opinion. I have spent years in the think tank refining and imagining how this game will flow, and how it will make the player feel with mechanics alone. I want to add in a short pitch here, but I don't believe it to be wise to leave my cherished idea on a public post. The best I can say is it's an action adventure game that will end up feeling like a real-time Divinity Original Sin. That doesn't do it justice at all, but it's all I can say to entice you without risking the idea.

It's my goal to set up a team of developers, learn Unity with them, and create core game systems for a pre-alpha. If you're a programmer unsure about what project to pursue, somewhat interested in what I'm offering, please reach out. And just to be really clear, I am fully committed to directing this project and making it a reality.