Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only. On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live. Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Bug HELP: Visual Studios autofill not syncing with Unity

Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by The3DBanana, Feb 6, 2024.

1. The3DBanana

The3DBanana

I'm pretty new to Unity as a whole and yesterday, I programmed and it was all fine, but today the autofill, while poping up, only gives generic autofills, like when I try to type transform, the only fills are true, try, and tryf. Furthermore, the project is always set to miscellaneous files

New development, in the solution explorer , the solution "My Project" (my unity project name) has 0/1 projects. I don't think visual studios has connected that this script is for unity in any way

At this point I'm at wits end. It isn't the end of the world if I can't use it, but its quite a useful tool and it makes sure i type the right things. LMK if you can think of anything I haven't tried.

I've attempted to:
    reinstall visual studios,
    reinstall the tools for Unity,
    make sure its the external script editor,
    mucked about in the tools for unity settings,
    deleted the .csproj, .sln, and the library files in the actual unity project file

SOLVED: Just had to reload my project from within VS inside of the solution explorer

Last edited: Feb 6, 2024