Search Unity

HELP! Unity freezing when opening scripts!

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Aviratex, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Aviratex

Aviratex

Hi all,

I really need some help here. Whenever I try to open a script from Unity it says "opening visual studio solution" (I'm using the visual studio tools for Unity) and then it just freezes forever. I have to open task manager and end the process and then open Unity again to make it work. Sometimes I need to restart Unity 3-4 times just to open up the scripts. It is extremely annoying and I cant continue using Unity if I need to waste a good 10 minutes every time i open unity to try open the scripts. If i try to open visual studio separately it works perfectly fine but even then Unity gives me the same message and freezes.

Another issue I noticed is that when I try to test my game through build and run after the game loads up and after it shows the Unity splash screen it takes a long time before my game starts. At first I thought it might be because I have more content in my game now but my game is still fairly small and I think it might be something else causing the issue. PLEASE HELP!

Thanks in advance.

chrisphd likes this.
  2. Koehler_Games

Koehler_Games

Did you find fix?