Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for feedback on the experimental Unity Safe Mode which is aiming to help you resolve compilation errors faster during project startup.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

HELP! Unity freezing when opening scripts!

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by DracoRex, Sep 21, 2015.

1. DracoRex

DracoRex

Hi all,

I really need some help here. Whenever I try to open a script from Unity it says "opening visual studio solution" (I'm using the visual studio tools for Unity) and then it just freezes forever. I have to open task manager and end the process and then open Unity again to make it work. Sometimes I need to restart Unity 3-4 times just to open up the scripts. It is extremely annoying and I cant continue using Unity if I need to waste a good 10 minutes every time i open unity to try open the scripts. If i try to open visual studio separately it works perfectly fine but even then Unity gives me the same message and freezes.

Another issue I noticed is that when I try to test my game through build and run after the game loads up and after it shows the Unity splash screen it takes a long time before my game starts. At first I thought it might be because I have more content in my game now but my game is still fairly small and I think it might be something else causing the issue. PLEASE HELP!

Thanks in advance.

chrisphd likes this.
  2. Koehler_Games

Koehler_Games

Did you find fix?

unityunity