Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Help - Unable to create a faded edge with the Shader Graph that works in Scene/Game View

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by Atomic_Horzion23, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Atomic_Horzion23

Atomic_Horzion23

Hello!.. Pretty basic to the shader graph in terms of it's limits and what it is fully capable of doing and not doing. Im trying to create a space Warp spiral type of effect at the moment, but regardless of what tutorials and other forum posts I follow. I still can't seem to get the edges to fade to black / full transparency. Is it an issue with the spiral and or smooth step / distance nodes with how they work?

Below is what it looks like at the moment
    portal1.PNG

And here's what i have running currently in the shader graph. Be aware that it is a bit messy and mangled still at the moment, as i have been trying and merging multiple methods and solutions to try to produce any form of result that gives me some form of soft edges.

portal3.PNG
    portal2.PNG

Thanks!

2. Qriva

Qriva

Last node in your graph, you combine everything into RGBA, but then you connect it to color, emission and alpha. In this case alpha will pick first channel (R), not A. Split it and connect alpha correctly or just connect it directly to saturate node before combine.

Also be sure that you graph is transparent, not opaque.