Search Unity

Help! The Skinned mesh renderer property of my Character(humanoid) gets disabled

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by unity_wh8YQiZK-TRyVg, Oct 9, 2020.

1. unity_wh8YQiZK-TRyVg

unity_wh8YQiZK-TRyVg

The Skinned mesh renderer property of my Character(humanoid) gets disabled in timeline animation in Play Mode. This sometime happens on parts of the body and sometimes whole. Some times it gets active again. This only happens when I am animating the character using TimeLine

2. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

That's strange. Is it possibly being animated by timeline? In edit mode, when you preview the timeline, does the enabled checkbox on SkinnedMeshRenderer turn blue? That would indicate it is being animated.

3. Spork

Spork

Hello. I am having a similar issue. That property is not being animated by the timeline. It just seems to turn all the skin mesh renderers off on a given character at a specific point. The only thing I can figure is I am sending animations to the character directly through timeline, but it also has an active Mecanim controller on it, as well. Perhaps they are conflicting?

4. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

That's a possibility. Timeline plays in addition to the animator controller, not in place of.

5. richard-kopelow

richard-kopelow

I'm also having this issue and I think I isolated it pretty well. If any state in the animation controller (whether it has run or not) sets a component's enabled value, the animator will take ownership of the value and not let you change it by anything other than animation. When a Timeline is played, every one of those components is disabled. The animator is still inhibiting any change so the components will stay disabled until an animation turns them back on.

The interesting thing is that the animator doesn't seem to care about what the value is, just that it never changes on it's watch. A work around is to disable the animator, set the components' enable state however you like and then reenable it.