Search Unity

(Help) Standalone to UWP: Input Manage: Type X exists in both A and B

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Varynnn, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Varynnn

Varynnn

Unity: 2019.2.2f1
    Windows Build Support
    UWP Build Support
    Android Build Support
    Cinemachine

I've been working on getting a UWP build ready for xbox, went through and setup our controls so they work with both keyboard and controller. It's a simple game that runs without any issues until I go into Build and Switch Platform from Standalone to UWP. Now once I do that I get 3 errors that prevent me from playing or building:

E:\Game Dev\Program Files\Unity Installs\2019.2.2f1\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.ugui\Runtime\EventSystem\InputModules\BaseInput.cs(19,24): error CS0433: The type 'IMECompositionMode' exists in both 'UnityEngine.CoreModule, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' and 'UnityEngine.InputLegacyModule, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

E:\Game Dev\Program Files\Unity Installs\2019.2.2f1\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.ugui\Runtime\EventSystem\InputModules\PointerInputModule.cs(70,61): error CS0433: The type 'Touch' exists in both 'UnityEngine.CoreModule, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' and 'UnityEngine.InputLegacyModule, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

E:\Game Dev\Program Files\Unity Installs\2019.2.2f1\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.ugui\Runtime\EventSystem\InputModules\BaseInput.cs(104,24): error CS0433: The type 'Touch' exists in both 'UnityEngine.CoreModule, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' and 'UnityEngine.InputLegacyModule, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

I've been googling all night and haven't been able to find anyone having the same issue and I haven't imported any new packages. This is using the standard Input Manager with Unity. It's absolutely fine when it's building for Standalone! I need to have this build ready and working very soon so any help would be appreciated.

2. timke

timke

Hey,

There's a name conflict with different Input types defined in separate assemblies. I think the reason this occurs on UWP is because of an #ifdef that's exposing the conflicting code paths, i.e.
    #if UNITY_WSA ... #endif
    in one (or both) of these modules.

I'd recommend posting this problem on another forum channel as the real problem is with the Unity API. I suggest one of these channels:
    Editor and General support (https://forum.unity.com/forums/editor-general-support.10/)
    Scripting (https://forum.unity.com/forums/scripting.12/)

You can also try posting on the New Input System channel (https://forum.unity.com/forums/new-input-system.103/), even though it's probably not related to New Input, someone there might know something about this.

Also, please file a bug on this as Unity types shouldn't conflict like this with built-in modules.

3. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

To be honest, this sounds like a corrupt Unity installation. I checked Unity 2019.2 and IMECompositionMode definitely does not exist in UnityEngine.CoreModule.dll.

Could you try reinstalling Unity? While you're at it, it might be worth updating to the newest 2019.2 version.

4. nric2001

nric2001

i have the same exact issue. just reinstalled unity 2019.2, and it comes up with this.

5. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Does it happen on an empty project for you? If not, could you share the project where this happens in a bug report?