Search Unity

Help -> Report a Bug ... not works under Linux at least under Fedora 27

Discussion in 'Linux' started by NTMan, Jan 31, 2018.

1. NTMan

NTMan

Help -> Report a Bug ... not works under Linux at least under Fedora 27
    Current behavior Unity hangs after this action.

2. Kiori

Kiori

It works for me, also under Fedora 27. Weird right. Maybe it's a installation issue?
    I've filed a bug because it was crashing on exit for instance.

3. neonbulbs80

neonbulbs80

4. Kiori

Kiori

Sadly, all I did was install it via the graphical installer. I used 2017.3.0p2. So nothing special.

I did later on install stock mono(for the record), but thats unrelated, I did that for other reasons.

This is also a pretty stock Fedora 27, only extra repos I have are vscode and .net core(which wasnt installed at the time)

I also checked the dependency list here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-on-linux-release-notes-and-known-issues.350256/
    But it seems if you use gnome you already have it all. Also, according to the last post, the only real, current, dependency is:
    I guess that's it. Be careful with the graphical installer, it erased my Unity folder with all the files i had in it, before it worked.(as i posted in another thread)
    That's some serious hack job, so be advised.

5. neonbulbs80

neonbulbs80

Hi Kiori, thanks a bunch. Hmmm...weird..don't know what's happen with mine. If one the depedencies not installed, Unity will not run of course. But Unity runs fine except the blank error. My suspicion is my Mono installation. Did you use standard monodevelop package?

6. Kiori

Kiori

Yup stock mono, just 'dnf install mono-devel' I think.