Search Unity

Help preventing Unity from adding permissions to APK

Discussion in 'Android' started by VizmystechLLC, Jun 28, 2014.

1. VizmystechLLC

VizmystechLLC

I love Unity but this has got to be one of the most annoying issues. I just released an update for my game which included some simple UI changes and a couple bug fixes. My Android Manifest is set up to require permissions for accessing storage, wi-fi and data. However, upon loading my game onto the Play store, I noticed that my app has 9 required permissions instead of 4.

This is very frustrating considering that my game is meant to be kid friendly. The fact that my game requires location data can be a big turn off to parents. After digging around, it seems that Unity automatically adds permissions when you build the game. However, I can't find any option to prevent Unity from doing this. I would have thought that my Manifest file in the Plugins/Android folder would prevent this but I guess Unity overrides those permissions.

Please help.

2. nburlock

nburlock

Is is adding coarse, fine or both location permissions? And what else?

I've not seen Unity add permissions on it's own before, besides the ones affected by the options in Build Settings. Are you using any native Android plugins that could potentially be adding those permissions?

3. sootie8

sootie8