Search Unity

Question Help Please. Xbox X crash issues Unity 2019.28.f1

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Behappy859, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Behappy859

Behappy859

Hello,

A few months ago I had release my game on Xbox. I had tasted and played my game on Xbox One slim versi0on. Everything works great. However in Partner Center someone bought my game and reported 5 crashes repeatedly. I couldn't figure out why.

Later on I bought my daughter the new Xbox X with out the disc drive. I had downloaded my game on her Xbox X from the Xbox Store. Now after I hit New Game, the Xbox KeyBoard Menu screen pops up like normal, Yet it crashes as soon as it does. I feel like this has something to do with the new Xbox X. I have theories yet I still don't know. My theory is maybe the wrong SDK. Hopefully not wrong Unity Version. Maybe the code that pops up Xbox Keyboard. I look on crash reports in Partner Center yet everything is Unknown
    I am using Creators Program. I am not using XBOX Live Features or Plug Ins (they are outdated 2018).
    I honestly don't know what to do. Also Unity version I'm using is Unity 2019.28.f1. Also I am new to this. This is my first game I put on Xbox.

2. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

3. Behappy859

Behappy859

Yes it still happens. I even set the SDK to the newest version that matches the Xbox series S in dev mode. When I tested it in dev mode the Xbox series S restarts itself. However the game works perfect on Xbox one only.

4. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

So this happens in dev mode? Okay.

This might sound silly, but maybe trying to clear the cache on the new Xbox Series S, then restart the Xbox, might hopefully solve this problem. I don't have an Xbox Series S yet, so I don't know how to do that yet.

This could possibly be a problem with that version of Unity, or, might probably be a software problem with the Xbox Series S' Operating System. Hopefully, this is not a hardware problem.

Okay, so here is what to do. Since you are part of that Xbox dev program, and silly NDA's might be involved here, you might unfortunately, have to contact microsofts Xbox Series S dev program staff, and see if they can help rectify this odd problem. Hopefully, they can solve it.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
  5. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

I hope you were able to solve it.

6. Behappy859

Behappy859

i havent yet. i just updated VS2019 and unity to the latest 2019.4.32.f1. Im a test it. Hope it works. I also notice in dev mode on xbox there is a idifferent number up top. Assuming thats the SDK number. truly dont know.

7. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

Okay, I hope it works too.

Interesting.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021