Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Help on selecting hardware/software for eye tracking

Discussion in 'VR' started by lorenzoteslermabe, Oct 29, 2022.

1. lorenzoteslermabe

lorenzoteslermabe

Hello!

Using Unity, my team is trying to build a game/app to perform visual tests (e.g. a dot moving around from left to right on the screen) and assess things such as eye latency, speed, accuracy, etc. Thus, we are looking to obtain individual eye gaze data, transposed into the Unity coordinate space. We want the eye tracking experience to be as painless as possible on the dev side, so we can focus on the actual app and tests, but of course we are still looking for detailed metrics/data.

To this end, I am overwhelmed by the number of SDKs and hardware products available which may or may not serve our purposes. I am wondering if anyone can help guide me towards a few potential options in terms of both hardware and software options (e.g. "x device and y SDK"). I am especially interested in what is currently being supported, as it seems that many of the SDKs on the internet related to eye tracking are obsolete/not supported.

I know it's a bit of a vague question, so please don't hesitate to ask any questions for clarification. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Best,

Lorenzo