Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP ... Odd behaviour with GUIText objects in latest build?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by DaveyJJ, Jun 7, 2005.

1. DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

Dave/Joe/Nicholas ... I filed a bug report but here it is out in the open:

I downloaded the latest new version (per Dave's posting) and did a new build of the tutorial game I made. But in the standalone build the GUIText objects (that show score and timer) go missing/are not visible.

The two GUIText objects show up fine in game mode within Unity, but when I made a new build of the game the score and timer GUIText objects were not visible. I recreated those two items as well, to see if it was something else, and they still do not appear in the standalone build but can be seen fine in the game panel.

Thoughts?

2. NicholasFrancis

NicholasFrancis

Hmmm.... Ooops?

3. DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

Just to confirm, I downloaded the tutorial ZIP and just opened it thinking I'd maybe messed something up in my project here. I saved a standalone from the pristine download project and it still has the disappearing GUIText issue.

4. DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

Grab the tutorial files (http://www.otee.dk/tutorials/marble.zip) and then open it and do a build and see if the score etc is missing? Make sure you are using the latest download suggested by Dave H. I've got to get this working again :?

5. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

Hi David. I tried reproducing this on quite a few machines and it just works for me. I can't figure out what is going wrong for you.

Can you send me a screenshot of how it looks in the player?

Try deleting the unity folder in applications. Then download the latest unity from our website again and reinstall it.

If that doesn't help submit a bug and attach the player that exposes the problem.

I will take a look at it in detail when i come back on the 16th.

6. jamie

jamie

I've tried building your demo on my machine too and the text does not display for me in the built application either.

I haven't tried coding any new text in a different project yet, when I do I'll let you know the results.

7. DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

I sent Joe a screen shot. :cry:

8. marty

marty

I just downloaded the tutorial and did all three possible builds (web, widget, app) and all three work fine - score text and all.

Just let me know if you need any more tests.