Search Unity

1. All Pro and Enterprise subscribers: find helpful & inspiring creative, tech, and business know-how in the new Unity Success Hub. Sign in to stay up to date.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Help needed with Mechanim: Avatar doesn't seem to generate properly.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Podhakkin, May 27, 2021.

1. Podhakkin

Podhakkin

Hi,
    I have made a 3d model in Blender and rigged it up using Rigify and the standard Rigify armature. I have brought it into unity, and when I apply an animation controller, it looks like this:
    https://i.gyazo.com/d0b5b24347c20282eb1d8b7c050b13d9.mp4
    When I go to Configure Avatar, the interface looks like this:

I feel like the missing chest, neck and upper chest definitions are why my model isn't animating properly, but which parts should I put in there?
    Again, I'm using the standard Rigify humanoid armature, and I haven't changed any names from the standard.
    Thanks
    Alex

2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

What is the bone after spine_fk?

But also these bones are optional, if your issues are really big (you're not describing what's wrong exactly), maybe the cause is unrelated to these bones.

3. neginfinity

neginfinity

You need to open up hierarchy on the left and put bones that are parented to each other.

In your picture, mecanim autoconfiguration put "torso" bone into hips slot and "spine_fk" into spine slot.
    Spine_fk is likely a kinematics bone, meaning majority of the model is not going to be attached to it, and even in rigify "hips" bone is definitely not named "torso".

Assign body bones by hand.

unityunity