Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Help needed with Enlighten warning messages

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by pyjamaslug, Mar 9, 2018.

1. pyjamaslug

pyjamaslug

Hi, I'm getting these warning messages in the editor log from Enlighten:

Enlighten warning: 'UpdateAlbedoBuffer: The albedo buffer needs to be re-initialised. This is due to some material status (Static/Dynamic) having changed since the buffer was last initialised.'. Return code 0.
    Enlighten warning: 'UpdateEmissiveBuffer: The emissive buffer needs to be re-initialised. This is due to some material status (Static/Dynamic) having changed since the buffer was last initialised.'. Return code 0.

I don't know what they mean and I can't find an explanation; can anyone point me at some documentation that will help? I'm using the lighting in realtime rather than baked mode.

2. FirstTimeCreator

FirstTimeCreator

I have never personally seen that error. Are you using Realtime GI/Baked, both?

If it 's baked, it looks like something may be updating a material on the mesh renderer, turning it on or off or setting an emmisive value, not sure. When do you get that error, during baking or during Play or in editor.

3. pyjamaslug

pyjamaslug

I'm using realtime mode, no baking.I do occasionally swap materials on objects but not at startup, which is when I get these messages. I'm mystified: these buffers are part of the deferred rendering G-buffer render targets surely they have to be initialised every frame?

4. FirstTimeCreator

FirstTimeCreator

Well how would you be getting enlighten error message if you aren't using any baking? lol. I'm not sure I could of help with that, you will need to talk to a unity engine developer.

5. pyjamaslug

pyjamaslug

Well, no. Enlighten does the realtime GI as well, so it makes sense that i would get messages from it. The problem is I can't make sense of the messages! I guess that's on me.