Search Unity

help me

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by fabiomodesto, Nov 20, 2017.

1. fabiomodesto

fabiomodesto

I need to approach an object with the camera and when it collides with it another object is loaded in place of the first one.
    Can someone help me

2. Internetpolice

Internetpolice

if you are doing this based upon a collision, I would approach it by setting a trigger to the object where it destroys itself at a position within your desired distance from the camera transform. then you can create your new object at the current camera position. ( will look like seamless placement if you take the radius down low enough.)

hope this helps.

fabiomodesto likes this.
  3. fabiomodesto

fabiomodesto

My case is the following I'm doing a school chemistry application. The idea is to have a sphere that represents the atom x and when it approaches it is transformed in the representation of that atom according to Rotherford

4. johne5

johne5

5. Internetpolice

Internetpolice

sounds like you should just set up the periodic table as a Panel/UI element then as your cursor over things you can display that image or details, this is very similar to a "RPG" inventory system I know there are videos etc you can find for this type of thing. If you're trying to use a character controller to move around/interact and then open new systems for objects as well then you might be setting your bar a little too high for a school project.

I also have a degree in chemistry, and in my opinion a project as described above would already be impressive to any high school teacher.