Search Unity

Question Help me with adding Unity Ads to my Admob Mediation, please!

Discussion in 'Unity Mediation' started by Alijan7, Oct 7, 2022.

1. Alijan7

Alijan7

I basically followed this ---> https://developers.google.com/admob/unity/mediation/unity. I made my Unity Account and made new placement ID's. I successfully added Unity Ads to my WaterFall on my Admob, it's just saying "Optimization in Progress. You’ve entered credentials for this source, but optimization and eCPM updates for reporting haven’t started yet. AdMob is in the process of gathering data. This can take up to 3 days". Is this all I need to do for Unity Ads to show on my Game. I mean so far it looks like it's using the placing of my Google Admob Id that I made and integrated on my game to show Unity Ads, is this right? I didn't integrate any Unity Ads SDK or anything else from Unity, I just did this. Is this all that is needed? Please help me out, I don't know how this works to be honest. Thank you so much!

2. jcGrenier

jcGrenier

Unity Technologies

Hi @Alijan7 , without seeing your exact integration it is a bit hard to tell, but I can give a couple basic steps that you should take.
    Assuming you are making a Unity game, you will want to make sure to include the Advertisement with Mediation package in your game.
    You will also make sure to go to the settings and install the adapters you plan on using, in your case, AdMob, and possibly others.
    Then you can create and call the relevant ads using the Ad Unit you created, containing the waterfall with your Admob ads.
    For more info you can refer to https://docs.unity.com/mediation/IntroToMediation.html

Cheers! and let us know if there is anything :)

3. Alijan7

Alijan7

My Admob works fine. I integrated google mobile ads SDK correctly since I already made an app and published it. It shows banner, interstitial, and rewarded correctly. However, I always get ad limit which reduces my admob ads or disables the ads. Then I was reading that I can use a 3rd party mediation, aka Unity Ads to show ads. The ad limit does not affect my 3rd party mediation. So when admob limits ads then Unity Ads can pick up, I really don't know how admob mediation works? What do you mean by "Advertisement with Mediation Package"? I opened the link but that is unity mediation, I don't want that. I am using google admob mediation and adding Unity Ads? My main question is should I integrate Unity Ads or do something else, or I am good so far ? Thank you

4. DeclanMcPartlin

DeclanMcPartlin

Unity Technologies

Hi @Alijan7,

It looks like you're using Admob as your Mediation tool. This forum here is for Unity Mediation, Unity's Mediation product, a different tool. I'd recommend reaching out to Admob's customer support regarding the usage of their product.

That being said, if you decide to switch over to Unity Mediation, we'd be happy to assist.

Thanks,

5. Alijan7

Alijan7

Is Unity Mediation better than Admon mediatoin? If so how? Thanks

6. jcGrenier

jcGrenier

Unity Technologies

Definitely because it is our product! :D
    But obvious bias aside, I am afraid you will have to make up your own opinion :)
    A few perks are:
    - Unity editor integration; The mediation solution is developed by Unity so the Editor integration is at the core of our product.
    - Dev support; As you can see we are active on the forums and do our best to help our users, and listen to their comments (even though sometimes we may not be able to act on them immediately)
    - We offer nice easy to use reporting tools on the Unity Dashboard.
    And there are probably a lot more our marketing team could tell you more about :D

Feel free to take a look at https://unity.com/products/mediation for a more complete overview of Unity Mediation.