Search Unity

Help me understand the local catalog relation with AppStoreConnect

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by pistoleta, Jan 22, 2020.

1. pistoleta

pistoleta

Hi guys, I've been reading about IAP since yesterday but I think I misunderstood some key concept and I dont seem to get it.
    I see there are 2 ways of adding products to the catalog, one is the local catalog included in the asset at Window>Unity IAP> IAPCatalog
    And another one I've seen around is in the App StoreConnect for iOS. Whats the relation between them ? Why I cannot see the products I inserted on StoreConnect on device but I can see the local ones?

Also I see at the local IAPCatalog there's an export button to export the items. But how do I import that? and where I have to import it?

Thanks for reading!
    pistoleta

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

3. pistoleta

pistoleta

Thanks for your response.
    I took for granted from the start that creating the catalog on the AppleConnect (in my case) would sync automatically on my app but I see I need to create the catalog in both places just being sure the ID is the same.
    I think I got it right.
    But then the question arises, do I need to update my app's code every time I add a new item to purchase in AppleConnect? I guess in this case, creating the buttons dynamically by code as you said and taking the Id's from a database would be the correct approach, am I right?

Thanks a lot for your response.
    pistoleta

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Yes, if you add a new product, you'll need to update your app also. You'll need to add code to grant the user the corresponding virtual product within your game. If you are trying to add products dynamically, then don't use Codeless IAP and you likely don't want to use the product catalog. Please see the sample projects I mentioned.

5. pistoleta

pistoleta

Thanks again