Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Help me and I'll be forever thankfull (begineer - 3d game - android)

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Felmann, Dec 5, 2019.

?

recommendation of a course/project or tutorial that could help me based on my case.

1. how could I know the possible response???

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. how could I know the possible response???

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Felmann

Felmann

Hey there guys, I hope you’re doing well!

Context:
    - I want to start developing a 3D android game, but I have NO IDEA how to start it. For now, all that I am looking for is a project/tutorial/course where someone shows me 3d android game development from scratch.
    - My ultimate objective is to create something that brings together Archero 3d game view (very similar to Shop Titans, with the feature of rotating the game view) and Clash Royale Menus (lobby menu’s where I can swap to different menus to the left and right)

I’ve been struggling to start my 3d android game in unity. The thing is that I’m just unable to find any relevant content about HOW I STARTING DEVELOPING A GAME.

For real guys, I can genuinely say that I’m a professional google user, and I didn’t find ANY info. That’s why I assigned unity learn premium. But I still struggling to find something useful to start developing even with the official unity platform focused on learning.

------>This is where you come in:
    All that I ask you guys is a recommendation of a course/project or tutorial that could help me based on my case.

What I’ve already done:
    - Exported Assets to the unity platform
    - Ran my game in my android phone
    - Configured and prepared everything in unity platform for start developing

What I’m doing now:
    - Trying to locate any resource that could help me start developing (crating scenes, menus, characters, scenarios, function, etc.)

Any kind of help will be very appreciated. Thank you for reading my concerns!

2. Bill_Martini

Bill_Martini

Ok mr. professional google user, I'm calling BS on this! You can't google 'Unity' + anything without getting dozens of Unity related tutorials, assets, or Q&As. As a test I tried 'Unity Spaghitti' as a totally random combination and got a whole page of Unity hits, even a few tutorials.

If you failed to find Unity support by googling, Unity is way over your head, try something else.

cecebeans85 and JoeStrout like this.
  3. Felmann

Felmann

Thanks for your reply, Bill!

Well, I'd tried tons of different combinations between "Unity + 3d + android". The content is very limited.. I just need something that shows me where I have to start. Btw I just found the "John Lemon's Haunted Jaunt: 3D Beginner" project + tutorial. I'm still not sure whether it is related to the android platform, but I think it is worth trying to develop it and attempt to run in my android device.

Also, I can't try anything else. Actually, it is not an option. Unity is the best tool that I can use to develop my game. I must still try till I get a walkthrough on how to start simple things as creating menus, the player characters, creating the environment, how to use the camera, creating mobs, creature's drops, etc

4. Ryiah

Ryiah

Your mistake is a very common one that many beginners make. You're assuming that 3d game development is different depending on the platform you want to target and are searching for platform specific tutorials. Meanwhile the truth of the matter is there is almost no difference and it's almost always very minor aspects.

Creating a 3d game for Android is the same as creating one for iOS, for Windows, for macOS, for Linux, etc. What you should be looking for are just "Unity 3d game development" and nothing else. Once you understand how to create a 3d game then you can worry about platform specific nonsense like touch controls.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    cecebeans85 likes this.
  5. Felmann

Felmann

Well, that helped me quite a lot. Thank you for your reply!!!

Btw, have you any course suggestions? That includes articles, materials, etc.

6. Ryiah

Ryiah

I haven't looked through the official learning resources since they completely reworked the site, but at a glance the one you found would be good as well as the Create with Code and Getting Started with Unity courses.

https://learn.unity.com/course/create-with-code
    https://learn.unity.com/course/getting-started-with-unity
    https://learn.unity.com/project/john-lemon-s-haunted-jaunt-3d-beginner

Once you know the basics you can take the following tutorials and use them to add touch controls to your projects.

JoeStrout likes this.
  7. Felmann

Felmann

You're awesome. You turned someone's life much easier. Thank you a lot Ryiah!!!

8. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

On the per platform topic again, a lot of the platform specific stuff has to do with UI or input design, and device limitations. Usually you'll make different choices in UI design when for a touch interface than keyboard/mouse, and PC/Mac can handle a lot more complex models and graphical effects than comparatively performance limited mobile devices.

Ryiah likes this.