Search Unity

Help. Low poly water showing as black

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by gjfruita10i, May 10, 2023.

1. gjfruita10i

gjfruita10i

Hi Guys,

Can anyone help me with this issue. My low poly render is showing as black even though I have set the appropriate colours.
    upload_2023-5-10_18-29-32.png

Attached Files:

2. halley

halley

Things like water need to be evaluated in the context of the rest of the objects around it. The skybox colors or other objects are reflected off the surface. The riverbed or swimming pool tiles are seen through it, perhaps with refraction or depth cue coloring. If you have no objects around it, those parts of the shader have little to show.

Now, there is a bug in some version of Unity where the ambient or skybox reflections can disappear in the Editor after certain level load situations, but that's not what I am seeing from you screen shots. Put it into a realistic scene (a sink, a tub, a pool, a river, an ocean) and start evaluating from there.

3. gjfruita10i

gjfruita10i

Hello,

Thank you for replying . I manage to fix the issue by choosing a latest version of unity.

Another issue of mine is this.

I noticed, that the colour on the waves wont appear on the android platform but it does on the windows platform. Is there a configuration that I should do?

Windows

vs

Android