Search Unity

Help installing ML Agents

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Deleted User, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

I am basically competent, though not expert, in Unity and have considerable background in AI. I'm modestly competent with my Mac but have no experience with GitHub. The process of installing ML Agents has me stymied, despite watching every video tutorial I can find. Help? ( If appropriate, I would be happy to deal with this in private messages and to provide compensation.)

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

What specific part are you stuck on? This may help

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thanks. Ill try it. Happily, I eventually found the Basic Guide in the Documentation Toolkit on GitHub which has advanced me considerably.

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

I have followed the instructions diligently and installed (apparently successfully) everything required on my Mac. (CUDA, Anaconda, Python, SciPy libraries, TensorFlow, etc.). When I run the 3D Ball scene with Internal Brain or Player Brain, it works fine. But when I set to External Brain, I get an error message that Communicator was not able to connect and that I should make sure the External environment is ready. I've explored the option of starting all over with a Windows environment but the instructions and potential pitfalls appear just as severe with that method. I have no idea where to go from here.

5. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

6. pixelknight

pixelknight

Watched a dozen install vids and twice that many site instructions. Stumped here too, crashes on demo scene.

Installed Anaconda (Python 3.5.2), Cudu 8, cuDNN paired to that version from NVidia. Several attempts and got it to install without error.

At the point to press play in the editor. Sadly no extra info in the log file generated at the point of the hard crash.

Anyone know where to go next. Total reinstall doesn't help.

7. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

8. aashwina_unity

aashwina_unity

I think the latest version needs Python 3.6. I am currently trying to get that installed -- the installation seems to fall back to version 2.7.10 0r 12 .... and I am stuck. Please let me know if you get unstuck.

9. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

What installation instructions are you referring to? The instructions I shared specify the exact Python version required. "Download and install Python 3.6 if you do not already have it."

And again, best to use the right support channel.