Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Help in creating 2D fighting game

Discussion in '2D' started by blacdevil991234, Jan 9, 2018.

1. blacdevil991234

blacdevil991234

Hello guys let's just get get to point to make it easy
    *I want to make dragon Ball game
    *Game should be like angry stickman 5. IE it should be side scrolling 2D fighter....or a tekken style pixelated....which ever is easier and less time consuming
    *good if multiplayer or Lan play is available (optional)
    *Think of me as if I don't know coding...but I know novice things for unity
    *Good if script can be provided
    *A store system so that players can buy characters
    *A way to power up and transform in more than 2 transformation
    *Game must be pixelated 2D
    * Where is best place to find the dbz sprits for game

Thankyou in advance

2. methos5k

methos5k

I don't quite understand your post.

Are you saying "Hey, this is the game I'd like. I'll wait here while you provide it." ? :)

3. blacdevil991234

blacdevil991234

Sry to make it sound that way I basically want to combine above points to make a dbz fan game so I thought I should ask here so that you guys can help me get started

4. methos5k

methos5k

Honestly, the best way to get started is to get familiar with Unity essentials and scripting in C#.
    You can find information, scripts and/or videos on both of those in 'Learn' section on this website. :)

Then, maybe try to work at a tutorial or more than 1. Start with the simplest and work your way.

When you feel you have some idea of what you're doing, try working on 1 part at a time, and then if you get stuck and feel like you could use some help, make a forum post and show what you've done, what you were expecting, and how it differs. Then, people can try to work with what you have to help you out :)

Hope that helps.

5. blacdevil991234

blacdevil991234

I mean can someone help me in making the game, I don't know what to really do I am making it for pc I got charecters I just don't know the scripts for all things that I want, and I am in 11th I have boards and no computer science or IP because of marks so I don't have time to learn any language I can learn it after 12th but till then I want this game to be completed

6. blacdevil991234

blacdevil991234

hope you can understand xD

7. methos5k

methos5k

So, you do want someone to make the game for you...

This is what I understood:
    - I want someone to make the game
    - I have no time to learn until such n such a time.
    - I can learn after that, but I want the game to be done before then.

:)

8. blacdevil991234

blacdevil991234

ahhh you misunderstood a bit.
    -I want someone to guide me
    -I don't have institute and time for learning a new language right now
    - I want to make game by myself but with guidance
    -I will learn c# after my 12th as I will go to America for futher studies

9. methos5k

methos5k

Okay, your wording is a little different, but somewhat prevents a logical response from me...

If you do not have time to learn (aka. being guided, even by my earlier post), then what guidance could you be seeking that doesn't involve learning how to make the game?

10. Ryiah

Ryiah

I'll save you the trouble... don't bother. You'll almost definitely receive a cease and desist from the owners of the series just like Chrono Resurrection (an attempt to remake Chrono Trigger).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrono_Resurrection

11. blacdevil991234

blacdevil991234

basically I just created one game and that was virtual me!!! by watching and pausing unite 2014 :D I can easily make game by watching and pausing but I have problems with scripting, and I want to create this game without watching and pausing

12. methos5k

methos5k

Not sure what to tell you further, sorry. Good luck, though.

13. blacdevil991234

blacdevil991234

not RPG I can create RPG games, I want to make something like streetfighter pixel one, because I looked in playstore and found they never give time to dbz fighting games, so I want to make something that I can be proud of but I have troube in scriptings

14. blacdevil991234

blacdevil991234

no disrespect but can you give me a tutorial on how to make streetfighter 2d game in unty something like that

15. methos5k

methos5k

No idea. I'd only be able to type it into google or other search engine, the same as you. :)

blacdevil991234 likes this.
  16. blacdevil991234

blacdevil991234

please take a look at super saiyan arena android game, I want to make something like that......... if you all don't know what I am talking about xD

17. Hyblademin

Hyblademin

I think it's great that you can learn from exposure, but scripting for (typical) RPGs is much easier than action games in my experience.

On top of that, you shouldn't need to ask most of these questions if you're about to make a game like this one-- some of them are about difficult topics that seeking help with is totally understandable, but many of the others betray your lack of experience and make it clear that Dunning and Kruger were on to something (not an insult by any means, it's just the way we all are). For example, network play is a world of its own, but I wouldn't want to try to teach it to someone that isn't confident in finding a way to add a character transformation mechanic to a game.

Time for the take-it-or-leave-it advice:

-Spend your time making very small practice projects until you get to that point where you have enough time to dedicate yourself to a large project.

-Break your questions down into individual topics, and research and practice them individually. Any of the questions you asked would get more help as individual forum posts (again, focus on one at a time)-- when you're more specific it's easier for us to help.

-Don't make a fan game, make an homage. I suppose some would disagree on this point, but I firmly believe fan games are a bad use of time and a tad disrespectful even with good intentions. Negative attention from the owners of the IP is always a threat, as mentioned above. And obviously, using an unlicensed product that contains someone else's property to make money is between unethical and illegal, depending on the location. To top it all off, the fan games that gain a big following during development are the ones that tend to be shut down most often, causing disappointment for a bunch of fans. I found no evidence that the game you referenced is licensed, by the way. Don't be like them.

I hope you understand that I want you to make this game. I'm not here to discourage you, I'm just urging you to slow down and strive to become a good game creator, rather than only setting out to create a game.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  18. blacdevil991234

blacdevil991234

Okay I got it what you are trying to tell me thanks....I guess I have to start with mugen and Jimmy Vegas tuts....btw thx

Hyblademin likes this.
  19. Joimer

Joimer

That's quite a big project to undergo on your own at first. Albeit simple looking, fighting games require intrinsic mechanics and a lot of work, since there are many hitboxes in action for each character in play, plus all the interaction of movements, specials, etc.

Start small, learn how to code small interactions in Unity first, follow video tutorials or read them. Small steps first.

blacdevil991234 likes this.
  20. Deleted User

Deleted User

i am making something like that in memories of saiyan arena online