Search Unity

Question HELP - I need to recreate a Unity 2017.3.0f3 project with LWRP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WavyRancheros, Aug 11, 2022.

1. WavyRancheros

WavyRancheros

Hi everyone,

I got a 2017.3.0f3 project from a client, but the packages are all messed up. I am failing to resolve this.
    So I thought about setting up a fresh 2017.3.0 project using LWRP and import the assets into that, but how on Earth do I set this up?

I remember there had been project templates for LWRP when you created a new project. They are gone.

This page tells me to go to Window/Package Manager. There is no Window/Package Manager in 2017.3.0!!!

Can anybody help me out here please?

2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

A better explanation of what this means might give you pointers on how to fix this, instead of going down the slippery road of trying to reinstate a project you've never worked with. You already decided on a workaround before knowing whether there is a fix for the issue at hand.

Honestly speakting, the right business aptitude is this: if the client cannot provide a working version of the project or is unable to help with resolving the issues (and the issues are too complex to be resolved easily on your end, such as correcting URLs/Paths or such), then you cannot work on this. Period. You might end up spending days or weeks on this and not getting paid for it, and it is entirely the client's fault. Don't do that!

3. WavyRancheros

WavyRancheros

It is a weird project. I got it to run by creating a fresh 2018.4 project, which had a still working LWRP template. LW 2019.1 crashed when trying to use the LWRP template.

Well an then the shaders were all wrong, because somewhere down the line, LWRP Standard turned into Lit.

Now I got it into 2022 with URP.