Search Unity

Help! Help? Help...

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Akshay_ROG, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Akshay_ROG

Akshay_ROG

Anyone know how to mirror generic animations in unity, when I set my model's rig as humanoid something gets wrong with his legs and when I set it to generic, animations and legs are fine. So my problem is (would u help me on this) how to mirror generic animations, I got like 13 super-complex animations to mirror, these animations let me give randomness to the gameplay and how the player controlled ped behaves. I don't wanna ditch this notion of randomness b'coz it is one of my core gameplay feature.

Mirroring animations in Blender too phucks up them because I forgot to reset rest pose in past and unfortunately saved it that way, later when I discovered this mistake it just sucked you know and now I can not do mirror in any of my app (making new animations for other side is spine breaking job which I suspect is inevitable):(:mad::confused::neutral::eek::-x

$WTF.PNG
    without mirror

$WTF2.PNG
    with mirror (keyframe that is)
    BUT STILL MIRRORING WHOLE ANIMATION TOO DOES SOMETHING LIKE THIS AND HIS LEFT LEG GOES RIGHT AND RIGHT...YOU PROBABLY GUESSED IT.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  2. 3DCWCURTO

3DCWCURTO

I don't think you can mirror a generic rig animations, how are you trying to mirror the animations? If your legs get messed up for the humaniod setting then you must either have extra bones or you need to config it manually to fix the hierarchy.

I use blender a lot so I don't see what would be so hard about mirroring the animations by hand. Just duplicate the action. On each major keyframe select all your bones and copy the pose ,then mirror the pose, and re-key the frame. It would be a bit anoying to do but will work.
    The rest pose thing. Don't be lazy and just move all your bones back in place in edit mode and re-apply the rest pose. I have messed up my rest pose before, I know its a pain but leaving everything a mess is just a bad idea.

Its hard to kno exactly what your real problem is. You don't explain yourself very well and making your title help help is a dumb idea and doesnt help other ppl who might have a similar problem. Nice model tho.

3. Akshay_ROG

Akshay_ROG

Yes I have traditional leg IK set up that you can see in any tutorial!

Sorry for the title, how to change it? I actually downloaded this human mesh (it's royalty free a 100% also made 25% correction to the mesh) still practicing "how to" a human mesh and I'm half way through another human mesh that I myself am making rest clothes n all it is me, thanks though. He came with X pose already set as rest to the mesh and I just went with it because it allowed me to make clothes easily, thanks again for reply and I will try what you said and hey, I'm not being rude but it is not that I'm lazy...

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  4. Akshay_ROG

Akshay_ROG

I tried some thing earlier in edit mode, it seemed working but the legs are'nt good yet and turns out evry thing is phucked but I got it now. I saw this link and voila!! mirrored with applying extra armature modifiers(copying and then applying) on evry mesh and reset pose option which will remove the weights of first (upper) armature modifier, it did it now all I have to do is correct some animations that were affected which is just a matter of...let's say 5 Hrs...alot of animations you know! here's the link : http://nixart.wordpress.com/2013/03/28/modifying-the-rest-pose-in-blender/

TESTED IN UNITY AFTER CORRECTING ONE ANIMATION (IMPORTED TO KNOW I'M DOING RIGHT THING) AND SETTING TO HUMANOID RIG, IT SOLVED LEGS PROBLEM!!

rest pose in edit mode:
    $WTF3.PNG

Attached Files:

5. 3DCWCURTO

3DCWCURTO

Sounds like your all good now? I feelz the redoing anims. I would just do a few and check it exports all good

I don't know how to change title. Still a forum noob myself.

6. Akshay_ROG

Akshay_ROG

well no one can know everything, I really wanna help others who seek solution for such a problem so I created a new thread with proper title and link to the trick I found if you came across any one who is going through such "what the phuck!!" moment suggest them : http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/21...y-amp-blender-rest-pose?p=1427559#post1427559
    Now who ever googling/looking for legs or humanoid import from blender problem solution will come here!