Search Unity

Help getting started

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by KudoJimmy, Jun 30, 2018.

1. KudoJimmy

KudoJimmy

Hello fellow Game Designers. I am known as Jimmy Kudo to virtual world. I have recently started using unity and I seek some help from experienced users. I am thinking of making a Simple magic dual fights where 2 players will cast spells at each other trying to defeat other. So, I want tips where to start the coding. What should I do first. For graphics I'll work on later on making Great textures and all. For now, basic textures and graphics would be great. You know for testing purposes. I am somewhat experienced in C# and Unity C# as well. I have finished one or two tutorials of Unity. Now, if you can tell me:

1> From where should I start coding. What classes etc should I work on.
    2> Is there any tutorial which helps me making Magic Spells and projectile shooting effects and on collision with the enemy, a particular effect on his health/armor or any other (depends on spell) happens.

What I thought is, making a Spell class with variables like damage, effects, its texture file etc, and upon KeyPressed, that spell would go on. But i couldent figure out how. Please help me. Thanks.

Oh and yes, if anyone know a low poly medieval castle map which I can use, that would be great. (But this is secondary problem. I'd make one from youtube tutorials if none is found.)

Thanks in Advance.

2. makeshiftwings

makeshiftwings

3. KudoJimmy

KudoJimmy

Alright, thank you for the help. My game is 3D and i will finish this tutorial series too. I want to ask one more favor, if you can provide me link to a tutorial which helps me make spells and its effect with projectile shooting.. Thanks.

4. Doug_B

Doug_B

5. KudoJimmy

KudoJimmy

Thank you for the help I appreciate.

Doug_B likes this.