Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Help debugging "Internal: JobTempAlloc" warning

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by Muse_Watchmaker, Aug 8, 2018.

1. AAAAAAAAAE

AAAAAAAAAE

Got this when i saved a prefab..this message
    To Debug, enable the define: TLA_DEBUG_STACK_LEAK in ThreadsafeLinearAllocator.cpp. This will output the callstacks of the leaked allocations
    came on console.
    saved project & restarted
    went away.

2. bazomatic

bazomatic

I have this same issue (using DOTS) and restarting Unity makes the errors go away, BUT!!!

If I actually monitor memory usage, Unity's memory usage just keeps climbing, no matter what!! Even if I stop the game, edit code, and restart, the memory is never released unless I actually exit Unity.

I would really like to know how to troubleshoot this, because if I'm doing something wrong, that's one thing, but if it's a bug, then I guess I'll just keep using my jobs as I see fit. Pretty annoying, all things considered :L

3. eizenhorn

eizenhorn

4. unity_ZiVo1Bz36WU7bw

unity_ZiVo1Bz36WU7bw

i had that issue several time and i solve it by restarting unity...

5. techtreepishield

techtreepishield

I am having an issue. this is the code:
    using System.Collections;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using UnityEngine;

public class PlayerMovement : MonoBehaviour
    {
    public float turnSpeed = 20f;

Vector3 m_Movement;
    Rigidbody m_Rigidbody;
    Animator m_Animator;
    Quaternion m_Rotation = Quaternion.identity;

// Start is called before the first frame update
    void Start()
    {
    m_Animator = GetComponent<Animator> ();
    m_Rigidbody = GetComponent<Rigidbody> ();
    }

// Update is called once per frame
    void FixedUpdate()
    {
    float horizontal = Input.GetAxis ("Horizontal");
    float vertical = Input.GetAxis ("Vertical");

m_Movement.Set(horizontal, 0f, vertical);
    m_Movement.Normalize ();
    bool hasHorizontalInput = !Mathf.Approximately (horizontal, 0f);
    bool hasVerticalInput = !Mathf.Approximately (vertical, 0f);
    bool isWalking = hasHorizontalInput || hasVerticalInput;
    m_Animator.SetBool ("IsWalking", isWalking);

Vector3 desiredForward = Vector3.RotateTowards (transform.forward, m_Movement, turnSpeed * Time.deltaTime, 0f);
    m_Rotation = Quaternion.LookRotation (desiredForward);
    }
    void OnAnimatorMove ()
    {
    m_Rigidbody.MovePosition (m_Rigidbody.position + m_Movement * m_Animator.deltaPosition.magnitude);
    m_Rigidbody.MoveRotation (m_Rotation);
    }
    }

this is the error that I am getting in the controller window:
    To Debug, enable the define: TLA_DEBUG_STACK_LEAK in ThreadsafeLinearAllocator.cpp.
    This will output the callstacks of the leaked allocations
    please help
    Also i am new in unity so i am following the tutorial on youtube
    the link is :Player Character: Part 2 - Unity Learn
    plz reply urgently

6. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Your question in particular will be much better suited in https://forum.unity.com/forums/scripting.12/, which is our scripting forum. Regrettably, I can't move your post there without moving the whole thread so I would suggest you create a new thread there.

7. Bingoz33

Bingoz33

"[Worker2] Internal: There are remaining Allocations on the JobTempAlloc. This is a leak, and will impact performance"

Seems like an old post. but that the issue persists... I am using the latest and Alpha of unity, however, After reading the logs. it seems unity was having an issue importing a Sky map textures (NOT 4k).

I am not sure why it would continue the import, but even with the error in the log, the texture was still imported, loaded, and able to be applied, however, also appears to end with a Driver Crash.

I think the issue is in the seams, but I am guessing, while in accordance to the logs, I removed those troubled textures and have not been able to make the error reappear. I have not, yet, but will be looking at the textures to see why they may have been imported incorrectly.

It seems A import worker "Worker2" gets stuck trying to import it even while it has already been imported, the log indicated the import service was failing to, End or clear Clear() at the end of the service, and so the service was always seeming left undone "having work to do", incomplete, and so a stack-overflow.

Again, I guess, and am unable to get the same error, unless importing the same textures.

PS: these 3dCube. for HDRSky.

Not sure it that helps, but Check your Logs to be sure your Textures and other game parts are loading properly, even if there are not clear indications they may not be, Not claiming this is a solution, but debugging and log looking can help.

Happy Codding.