Search Unity

Help creating a Build Configuration for 2020.1.2 DOTS project. No Build Pipeline Found error

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by Kirkules_, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Kirkules_

Kirkules_

I need help creating a Build Configuration for 2020.1.2 DOTS project.

I'm on MacOS, but will want to build for Windows, Android, iOS, iPadOS, tvOS and WebGL also.

I created a BuildConfiguration, press Build and Run button, and I'm getting this error:

No valid build pipeline found for MacOSBuild. At least one component that derives from IBuildPipelineComponent must be present.

I tried to find IBuildPipelineComponent and they're not in Unity.Entities.Hybrid anymore. Anyone know what package build pipeline moved to.
    Is there a doc explaining how to build DOTS projects in 2020.1.2/3?

Thank you

2. RoughSpaghetti3211

RoughSpaghetti3211

I could be wrong but I remember reading somewhere you have to build on your target OS.

EDIT : I think this info is incorrect

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  3. mattdymott

mattdymott

I went through this pain yesterday. couldn't find any documentation. I installed one of the platform packages in the end and that worked. took a long time to come to that point though because the packages are no longer visible, so that was a great user experience. Anyway the package I installed was 'com.unity.platforms.windows' because I'm on windows. so try the macos one if you haven't already got it. 'com.unity.platforms.macos'.
    Once I'd installed the package then I could create a WindowsClassicBuildConfiguration which had all the needed components to enable a build.

4. Kirkules_

Kirkules_

Yes I tried that.. I installed com.unity.platforms.macos but the Platform drop down is empty. I still can't figure it out.. could use some google meet, Skype, slack, discord screen share to see what I'm doing wrong!

5. Kirkules_

Kirkules_

I had to include more assemblies..
    com.unity.scriptablebuildpipeline in particular
    com.unity.platforms.windows
    com.unity.platforms.android

Now I see multiple build configurations for each of the platforms
    thanks all!