Search Unity

[HELP] Controls for model review

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by ilchan92, Jan 15, 2019.

1. ilchan92

ilchan92

I would like some direction on how to start a project.

Goal: have an app or program that can review models. The models are usually small architectural objects. I would like it to be able to have an option to be placed at eye level and possibly take sections. It would be similar to a naviworks viewer type.

Player: Ipad or iPhone

Problem: Currently, I have the models in unity with texture and animation for VR presentations. This works great and looks perfect. I would like to remove all of the animations and leave the textures. I am now on the hunt for some advice or asset that can help me create the controls for this program. Any Advice or direction would be greatly appreciated.

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Well removing the animations is easy (just disable any animation components you find on the models).

As for the controls, I don't know what "take sections" means, or exactly what sort of controls you have in mind. But in general, it's just a matter of writing a script that watches the input system (Input.mousePosition will probably do; this will let you easily test within Unity but will also work with touch on the iPad/iPhone), and moves the camera accordingly.