Search Unity

Resolved Help choosing fitting networking solution

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by BitterSchoki, Nov 1, 2022.

1. BitterSchoki

BitterSchoki

Hi,

i am currently building an application with a smartphone and an oculus quest 2 where the smartphone acts as an input device for moving around in VR.

For this to work, i need to send the data captured by the smartphone (e.g. gyroscope/accelerometer) to the VR Headset.
    I would have two different Unity projects, one for the mobile app (client) and one for the vr app (server).
    When using the application, both devices would be in the same network.

Since I am relatively new to networking in general, I am not quite sure which of the many different available packages (netcode for gameobjects, mirror, …) fits best for this project.

I would be happy if someone could provide me with a recommendation or bring up the pros/cons in using one package vs another for this specific case.

2. Punfish

Punfish

3. BitterSchoki

BitterSchoki

Thanks for the fast response. I didn’t realize that in Unity you build the scenes and not the hole project which lead to me thinking I need two projects.
    So I will continue with one project for both platforms and look into FishNet.

4. Punfish

Punfish

We've an awesome beginner friendly community as well. If you need help getting started or just want to chat worth stopping in https://discord.gg/fishnetworking