Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Help! Anything with a Particle Strip does not render

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by Sebastiran, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Sebastiran

Sebastiran

I've been stuck all day trying to figure out why. Even the default Heads & Trails, or Ribbon are not working. I watched the Japanese VFX Graph tutorial on it as well, but there doesn't seem to be anything I'm doing wrong.
    I got no errors, it simply doesn't render. Any other VFX works fine. I tried restarted my PC as seemed to be the problem in this thread. But that didn't solve it either. I found one forum post from May in which a similar issue was addressed but nobody has responded.

I'm using a Dell Inspiron 3593 Laptop
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.30GHz 1.50 GHz
    With 2GB of dedicated graphics memory

To reproduce it: simple add the basic Heads and Trails VFX to your scene

2. Vita-

Vita-

Unity Technologies

Hi @Sebastiran, the Internet keeps confusing me so I thought I'd rather ask you what is the GPU of your laptop?

We had one issue where particle strips didn't get rendered when using integrated Intel UHD GPUs. It got fixed in 2022.1.0a1 and above (Issue Tracker), may you check if the issue still occurs for you on this version? If not, it is most likely to be a bug and we would greatly appreciate if you log it for further investigation.

Sebastiran likes this.
  3. Sebastiran

Sebastiran

Thank you for the reply Vita,
    I indeed have integrated Intel UHD Graphics. So this fix sounds very hopeful. I've been using the newest LTS version so I'll try upgrading to 2022.1.0a1 later today when I have access to my laptop.
    I'll let you know if that fixed it. Thanks again for the reply!

Vita- likes this.
  4. Vita-

Vita-

Unity Technologies

No worries! I observed that you peeps from time to time bump into this issue, thus I spoke to our developers and I was told that this issue is backported to VFX 10.6, 11.0, that said you can upgrade your version accordingly to the latest version of the stream you are using (not necessary to hop on 2022).

Patiently waiting for updates with fingers crossed!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
    gabriel-delacruz and Sebastiran like this.
  5. Sebastiran

Sebastiran

It's working! I updated my unity version to the latest 2022.1.0a1 and installed VFX Graph 13.0.0 in a new project. I can see the Heads & Trails. This is such a huge help. Also good to know this fix is also backported. Thanks a lot!

Vita- likes this.