Search Unity

Question HELP: ANDROID GAME

Discussion in 'Android' started by sanabriamattos, Jun 28, 2022.

1. sanabriamattos

sanabriamattos

Good morning, sorry for my English: I speak Spanish. My name is Jonathan. I'm hired by some people who are developing a racing game for Android for the first time, using Unity. My work consists of modeling cars in 3D and I need to know how many triangles I should use at most for each car.

The racing game will have maybe 15 other competitors at the same time, so I also have to model a couple of scenarios.

I need to know how to proceed with the texture issue: what maps are used and what size? I don't handle Unity, so I don't know the process there. I am doing my part of the work in Blender and I must provide the client with the optimized 3D models as well as the textures. My solution would be to use PBR but I don't know if Unity for Android supports them.

Thank you very much for your attention.

2. Kreshi

Kreshi

5.000 to 25.000 polys, but it depends. Texture-wise, between 1k and 4k textures, one per model, but this also depends. I recommend searching on the Unity Asset Store for mobile car and check out what others do. You could also try to ask the client if this is an option. Also take into consideration the size of the app - the bigger the textures and the higher the poly count / number of LODs, the higher the application size will be. On mobile you generally want to have low app sizes.

3. muzammilshahiddevhouse

muzammilshahiddevhouse

4. sanabriamattos

sanabriamattos

Hello! Sorry I never responded, I really have a hard time understanding the forum. By chance I found this that I had published almost a year ago. I wanted to tell you that in the end I achieved a good performance using URP on a Moto e7i Power, with a total of 200,000 triangles on screen at the same time, that I did using textures from 1k down, and basically optimizing everything a lot. Each car model had an average of 15,000 and a maximum of 30ktris.

Broadly speaking, the configuration went through setting the base resolution to half full hd, configuring the shadows and ambient occlussion, I used everything that URP provides in post processing, but configuring well, I managed to make it work acceptable on my phone that is not very powerful. If it works well on mine, it works well almost all of them, because mine has a really bad GPU.

Otra cosa que hice, fue reutilizar texturas tanto como fuera posible y armar los materiales de forma procedural dentro de Unity, pero lo que realmente marcó la diferencia, fue usar un half FHD con 2X de antialias.

5. sanabriamattos

sanabriamattos

I do not know how to close this thread, I appreciate the help very much, it really helped me at the time. Yes I read it but I do not get the notifications to the mail, so once I closed the tab I did not know how to return. If you want to close this thread, go ahead. Thank you very much, greetings!

6. Ryiah

Ryiah

Slightly above and to the right of the top post should be "Unwatch Thread".