Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Help - Android Freezes at end of Splashscreen While Asking for Microphone Permission First Run Only

Discussion in 'Android' started by Python_37, May 6, 2020.

1. Python_37

Python_37

When running a freshly installed copy of the game on an Android device for the first time, a dialogue appears asking for permission to access the microphone at the end of the splashscreen. Upon selecting 'allow', the microphone access is granted but the app is frozen at the end of the splashscreen. When closing and reopening the app after allowing permission, the game no longer freezes. The issue only affects the first run of the game because in subsequent runs, it already has microphone permission so does not need to ask for it and does not freeze.

Does anyone have an idea as to why this is happening on the Android apk? This issue doesn't affect other platforms.

2. JuliusM

JuliusM

Unity Technologies

Which Unity version do you use? There was an issue a long time ago on Android 8 devices, but it was fixed. You could try to upgrade your Unity version to the latest minor update.

3. Python_37

Python_37

I use Unity 2018.4. This is affecting both my Android 10 device, and a number of older devices as well. I'm updated to the latest minor editor.

4. JuliusM

JuliusM

Unity Technologies

Do you use a plugin that asks for this permission or is it handled by Unity? Can you reproduce this with a simple project just adding the parts that require the microphone? Since you are using the latest minor version, I don't think we know this issue. If you can reproduce this with a simpler project, you should submit a bug report and include that project.

5. Python_37

Python_37

Ok, thanks. I've submitted a bug report.

6. btaylor40

btaylor40

Any updates or solves to this? I've been experiencing this as well running Unity 2021.3.11f1 and 2021.3.23f1

7. pixelsprite_unity

pixelsprite_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @btaylor40 do you encounter this on a very basic project or do you have plugins? Can you submit a bug report with a repro project please? Similar steps to what Julius describes above - as it has been 3 years since the original post that mentions Unity 20218 . Thank you.

8. btaylor40

btaylor40

@pixelsprite_unity -Sorry, I've been heads down in development.
    The project does have a few plugins that are being used, but I haven't tried stripping it down to see if this error persists. When I get a chance I'll do that and submit a bug report with a repo.
    Thanks for following up.