Search Unity

Help: Alpha Channel and Transparent parts in textures

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by CheruPrime, Mar 24, 2021.

1. CheruPrime

CheruPrime

Hi, i am new to the whole editor thing, trying to create something myself.
    At the moment, I want to collect and combine some free available 3D Modells in an assetbundel. But I encountered a problem:

I want to load some sunglasses and for those, the glass part must be some kind of transparent, but it isn't.
    So i searched and found out, I need to create a albedo texture with an alpha-channel that contains the opacity value.
    In the 3D Modell Zip was a opacity texture, so i combined them with photoshop and saved the file (psd).
    After importing it into unity (i have to use 2018.1.9), i set the texture to "Input Texture Alpha" and checked "Alpha Is Transparency".
    But it did not look the way it should. I tried all Rendering Modes, but with no luck.
    - Opaque is mostly good, but the glass is not transparent.
    - Cutout is like Opaque or no glass at all.
    - Fade is way to transparent on everything.
    - Transparent is part ok, but transparent on things is should not be (and, as Fade, way to transparent).

Is there something i am missing? Please Help.

2. Chekote

Chekote

I have (probably) the exact same problem. I have a PNG with an alpha channel, and I'm trying to use it with a standard unity shader with the rendering mode set to Transparent. The parts of the alpha channel that are jet-black are still partially transparent in unity.

Attached Files:

3. Chekote

Chekote

I found out something that didn't help me, but maybe it'll help you: There is an "Alpha Is Transparency" checkbox that you can check in the Inspector for the texture itself. I checked it and it didn't make any difference for me though.

4. CheruPrime

CheruPrime

Hi,

thx for your answer. But I allready tried this and it did not do anything for me.