Search Unity

Help a noob with "Human Flying" script?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Halzion, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Halzion

Halzion

Hello guys, and thanks for visiting my thread.
    So, yeah... i'm new to Unity, and in that process of "What should i do first", i decided that getting a base/complete script to use as a reference for the main script in my project-- a simple RPG game that resembles ALfheim Online (yes, here goes another game inspired in SAO. Everyone's tired of it, i know..)-- would be a awesome idea, since i know almost nothing about scripting, but i'm willing to learn.

So, the reference that i have is this video here:
    The flying stuff starts at 3:00, but i'm using chibi-styled characters (AoTTG style) instead of realistic models.
    Could someone give me a script that works like this one for me to use as a base, or (for learning purposes) explain me how this "human flying" mechanic works? I guess can deal with the details and complex explanations, but examples would be very appreciated...

Thanks in advance~!

2. DustyMcp

DustyMcp

You could use a rigidbody and addforce to the proper axes, not sure if 2d or 3d you mean with AoTTg whatever that is, but http://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/modules/beginner/2d/2d-controllers for 2d controllers i found easy to make a sort of jetpack guy from that video very well explained.

For 3d i have no clue and if you dont know scripting i doubt you should start there.

3. Halzion

Halzion

Thanks for your reply!
    Here's a video of AoTTG gameplay, for reference:

I'm aiming for my project to basically look like this game in character style and camera movement-- chibi-styled characters and third person camera--, and i'll be "replacing" all the Shingeki no Kyojin related systems (3D Maneuver Gear, Special Attacks, Titan AI and so on) for ALO-like systems (Flying and Hovering, Magic and Skill casting, simple combo system and so on). I decided on priorizing the flying system since it's the most important one in the game and in the anime series, but maybe i should give the game a more solid base first...