Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Join us on March 30, 2023, between 5 am & 1 pm EST, in the Performance Profiling Dev Blitz Day 2023 - Q&A forum and Discord where you can connect with our teams behind the Memory and CPU Profilers.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Donshoo, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Donshoo

Donshoo

Hello. Im donshoo. and erm im interested in learning 3D so i can program games and stuffs. Yea. So hi.

2. Alpha-Loup

Alpha-Loup

There are lots of threads and tutorials about beginning coding and how to dos concerning unity. There are also lots of threads leading to free 3D apps, textures and so on. Good place to start.

You can have first things moving in a few days! Go get Unity, if you havent already and start right over. Its an ease!

3. Donshoo

Donshoo

Thanks :D I have Unity now and have previous experience in Flash so I thought since the Unity script is based of actionscrpit I should be able to do this.

4. Morgan

Morgan

Go through the Unity tutorials and you'll be off to a good start.

I came to Unity after knowing Flash ActionScript, and it was a pretty smooth transition.

5. pete

pete

you probably should check out as many 3d apps as you have the patience for. that's going to be a lot tougher than using unity! blender and wings are a good start cause they're free. don't get put off by the ui's. every modeling app is weird.

also you might read the stuff on sites like gamasutra.com. there's a good amount of stuff about 3d games. the big stuff to learn is the things like how many polys should i use? articulating and your model. uv wrapping ugh! normal mapping etc...

anyway... yea so hi! ;)

6. AaronC

AaronC

and dont forget that bryce5 is free now-daz3d.com
    ac

7. Donshoo

Donshoo

Tomorote!

8. Mr-Logan

Mr-Logan

i kinda like the fact that you wanna program your game using 3D a new and interresting way of doing it ;)
    btw check out gmax on turbosquid, thats in my opinion one of the easiest free 3D programs to get started with