Search Unity

Hello world program

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by PBarone, Oct 14, 2019.

1. PBarone

PBarone

Hello,
    How do I write, compile, and run a simple Hello World C# program in Unity.

2. Ryiah

Ryiah

Create a script in the editor, add the following line of code to the Start() function, and drag it onto an object in the scene.

Code (csharp):
    1. Debug.Log("Hello world!");

JoeStrout likes this.
  3. SparrowGS

SparrowGS

www.google.com

plenty of info out there, just look it up - something you have to learn to do if you wanna get in on this.

4. PBarone

PBarone

Please walk me through step-by-step how to open the scripting editor to modify the Start() Method, and how to compile and run it. How do I get an Object?

5. Antypodish

Antypodish

Please check tutorials. There is tons of resources on the subject.

Joe-Censored likes this.
  6. PBarone

PBarone

I tried the Creator Kit: Beginner Code tutorial (My Assets don’t load when I launch it from Unity Hub. I downloaded it. Does anyone have a fix or a way to manually load the Creator Kit: Beginner Code assets???). It didn’t say how to open up a script editor to enter, compile, and run code.

7. PBarone

PBarone

When I try to use Unity Hub to open Creator Kit: Beginner Code, the Unity Editor opens WITHOUT loading the Creator Kit: Beginner Code assets. Is there a fix for this or a way to manually load the assets?

When I try to open the John Lemon’s Haunted Jaunt: 3D Beginner or Ruby’s Adventure: 2D Beginner projects from Unity Hub, the “Open project” links are disabled. It says I need Editor 2019.1. I have the latest version of Unity (I have 2019.2f1 [two instances] and 2018.3.7f1). I’m trying to install 2019.1.

8. PBarone

PBarone

I'm trying to install 2019.1. The blue line showing installation progress in Unity Hub is at maximum. The 2019.1 installation is still blue, not black. It's been that way for over 10 minutes. What should I do? Did the installation fail?

9. Antypodish

Antypodish

Firstly most important, always run tutorials in Unity version, which they were made in.

Did you try uninstall / reinstall Unity 2019.1 ?
    Do you have enough space on drive?

10. PBarone

PBarone

I have plenty of space on my hard drive. How do I uninstall Unity 2019.1? I don't know if Unity 2019.1 was fully installed on my system. The blue installation progress line is at maximum, but the 2019.1 app is still blue, not black on Unity Hub.

11. Antypodish

Antypodish

Try uninstall via control panel, if you are on Windows.
    Or relevant utility, if you on other OS.

That providing it will show that is installed, even partially.

12. PBarone

PBarone

I went to the Unity Download Archieve and am installing Unity 2019.1.14f1