Search Unity

Bug Hello my Unity Project Builds to iOS on an M2 chip but does NOT build to iOS on an M1 chip

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by NakedUnicorns, Mar 29, 2023.

1. NakedUnicorns

NakedUnicorns

I am using the newest version of Unity "Silicon" as of March 29th, 2023.

I don't know how this couldn't be anything other than a Unity problem but when I report it as a bug it is not accepted?

Are there any other steps I can take? I only have "M1" Apple computers. I just happen to test it on a friends M2 Macbook and it compiled.

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

3. NakedUnicorns

NakedUnicorns

It funny you posted this. This is my first time using Unity, and I just learned what LTS means. I used to program in Swift so I never almost never had any kind of build or compile problems.

But actually, unbelievably this is the OPPOSITE. The LTS version is not compiling and the newest non-LTS Silicon version is.

So when I UPGRADED to the newest non-LTS version it did compile. The bug, as far as I can tell, is with the supposed LTS version.

Kurt-Dekker likes this.
  4. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Thanks for the explanation. It seems that the Silicon stuff is all over the place right now: sometimes it works for one person, then not another, then the reverse, then third party stuff won't compile with non-Silicon, then reverse.

I used an M1 with Unity 2019 to do some VR work at a GameJam last year and it seemed nominally well-behaved, even though it was 100% slower than my Late 2013 Intel Mac. :) It was 80 seconds to build vs 40 seconds to build on the nine-year-old machine.

I get that 14hr battery life is neat and all, but the Silicon stuff sure is a lot of hassle and churn.

I hope you are able to find something that works because Unity is a LOT of fun to make games with!

5. Ryiah

Ryiah

I'm on 2021.3.15 and I just finished making a build on my M1 MacMini and uploaded it to my iPad 9th 2021. If you can upload the logs we can try to determine what's happening.

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/LogFiles.html

Kurt-Dekker likes this.