Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug hello, I get errors when I enable camera sorting layer texture, with Unity2022.1.0b4.

Discussion in '2022.1 Beta' started by nugao, Jan 26, 2022.

1. nugao

nugao

Hello.

I get a bug in 2021.2.8, so I try to use newer unity. The newer version has fixed my problem, but I get a new bug...

I do it in unity project "2d-renderer-samples-21.1".https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/2d-renderer-samples/tree/21.2 with URP 13.1.4.

when I enable camera sorting layer texture, I get errors as shown in the figure .

Attached Files:

2. kennyy_

kennyy_

Unity Technologies

Hi @nugao,

We've managed to reproduce and fix the bug. I'll keep you posted when the new package with the fix lands. In the meantime, you can try using Unity 2022.1.0 Alpha 16 which should be the latest version of 22.1 without the bug.

3. samanabo

samanabo

Hi @kennyy_ I am seeing the same problem in Unity 2022.1.0 Beta 8.
    I've attached a portion of the editor logs that list the problem. This NRE only shows up when enabling the "Camera Sorting Layer Texture" from within the 2D Renderer Data.
    The issue will cause the scene view to not render anything correctly, and mostly shows broken grid lines, making the editor unusable.
    Let me know if there is something I can do to fix this, or somewhere to look further.
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

4. kennyy_

kennyy_

Unity Technologies

Hi @samanabo

As mentioned in my previous post, you can try using Unity 2022.1.0 Alpha 16 which doesn't have this issue. If you are unable to downgrade your project, you'll have to wait for a new release of the editor with the fix.

5. samanabo

samanabo

@kennyy_ Thanks. I was assuming versions after 2022.1.0a16 also included the fix.
    Do you happen to know a target unity version that this would be fixed in going forward?