Search Unity

Hell-IX, do you remember classics like Desert Strike, Tiger Heli, Air Rescue, etc...?

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Jose_Gallardo, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Jose_Gallardo

Jose_Gallardo

Hell-IX (read it as roman numeral Hell "Nine") is a Combat Rescue game based on classic games like Desert Strike, Tiger Heli, Air Rescue and others. The concept is very simple, take off, search for marines, rescue them and return home meanwhile you’re fighting against the enemy troops.

Hell IX will be release multidevices, OUYA, iOS, Android, PC, Mac, Linux Nintendo Wii U.

We have a Kickstarter Project and any help will be great, you can get nice rewards starting from $1:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/retromadegames/hell-ix

We have to a Greenlight for Steam if you are interested on PC/Mac/Linux version, please vote for us here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=162908815

Some Screen Captures:

Thanks for read :)

Vaupell likes this.
  2. Cheburek

Cheburek

3. Jose_Gallardo

Jose_Gallardo

Thanks... about the blades, we need to improve all game assets, these on video are only conceptual :) but thanks for advice

4. stephanvdw

stephanvdw

Looks cool
    good graphics

5. Fenrisul

Fenrisul

Desert Strike, Jungle Strike, Urban Strike all hold a very, very special place in my gaming heart.

Pledged for $50 and will beta test the hell out of this for you when the time comes :)
    If you guys show some more videos/gameplay before the kickstarter ends, I'll definitely be upping my pledge and get in on your developer forums.

Keep it up!

6. Jose_Gallardo

Jose_Gallardo

7. Jose_Gallardo

Jose_Gallardo

Yes, we hope to show next week a video with new features like the orbiting aiming system, radar and a sneak preview of rocky mountain / forest area

8. twitchfactor

twitchfactor

Game looks cool. Looks very "Desert Strike-ish" (although I'm probably pretty biased). Looking forward to updates.

Glad you liked them. One day, I'll get back to the series. In the meantime, I'm always happy to see the influence and hear from fans.

9. lod3

lod3

@RetromadeGames

Nice work!

But... the quote below is probably the largest compliment you could ever receive... ;)

10. Jose_Gallardo

Jose_Gallardo

Yeah, for sure.. :) i am very glad to recieve :oops:

Retromade basic philosophy is to return to classic gameplay. When we founded Retromade Games we thought we can make games keeping controls as simple as the classics but with a modern visual twist. New games with a classic soul. I played hours to Desert Strike when i was young, hours and hours, even i broken 2 joysticks with my old Commodore Amiga :) This is my humble tribute to one of the best games ever!! :) :) I just hope to make a game worthy.

11. Jose_Gallardo

Jose_Gallardo

New ISO CAM:

Many users request us an isometric cam, we was working last days on a new cam view. Now the game will have both camera, 3rd person and isometric cam and the players will be able to switch to their prefer one. Really it is not a isometric cam, it is still a perspective camera, but with a nice angle and fov. Here are some screen captures, i hope i can post a video later.

$hellixISO_01.jpg

$hellixISO_02.jpg

$hellixISO_04.jpg

$hellixISO_06.jpg

12. xandeck

xandeck

Hey man, looking forward for this game... keep it up!!!

13. Jose_Gallardo

Jose_Gallardo

Trailer II, game cameras

14. theAfrican

theAfrican

hi, this looks awesome. im also doing a similar game. altho, the video in this post is old school. im using the new ultrashader to create triple AAA terrains.
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/190901-Helo-BF3-Like-Chopper-Game . mine is more like bf3 capture bases as tickets drain.

maybe we could share ideas or work together :)

here are some updates on new map im making.... $Untitled_new.png $Untitled-2.jpg $Untitled-1.jpg

otherwise, great job mate. keep up the work

Attached Files:

Vaupell likes this.
  15. Jose_Gallardo

Jose_Gallardo

Yes for sure :) we can share ideas or collaborate... your game looks nice too :)

About Shader... our game is multi-device oriented.. so, what you see on our videos are the "middle" version... because we can't use a ultrashader AAA for iOS or Android, but yes on PC... so, we are working first in a "middle" version, when game is ready, we will downgrade somethings for iOS/Android/OUYA and upgrade others things for PC/Mac/Linux/Wii U

16. theAfrican

theAfrican

nice. the ultrashader wont work on mobile atleast from what ive heard. your game looks great....for mobile, thats great....

17. Jose_Gallardo

Jose_Gallardo

Yes mobile and new consoles based on Android... for this reason we simplify the controls as much as possible... because not nice use too many buttons on devices like phones or tablets. But, as we said always... simple as classics :)

18. Jose_Gallardo

Jose_Gallardo

We continue working hard with Hell - IX, we added a lot of features, like three camera modes; 3rd Person, First Person and a Classic Isometric (you asked us for and you got it ;) ). well it is not really isometric because we do not want to lose the perspective view but works fine.

On this new alpha version we added a lot of new things like the radar system to guide the player on the huge map about where are the objectives, enemies and stations. We implemented helicopter damages and death and we improved a bit the auto target system (we need to work a bit more on this). We implemented the strafe and orbital movement for copter, this last one it is automatic when a target it is selected.
    But we have a lot of work to do still. for example the enemies are very silly and static, we need to make them smart and let them move, scape or chase helicopter even ambush the player.

We thank all your suggestions, we want to make a game for your enjoy. Now, let's take a look to this new gameplay video

Please remember to vote for us on Steam Greenlight

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=162908815

Vaupell likes this.
  19. Ashment

Ashment

Looks really nice. Hope this game comes along well!

20. DoomerDGR8

DoomerDGR8

Any progress on this?

studygyanacademy likes this.