Search Unity

Helios 3D-360 Video

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by JohnRossitter, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Yashb10

Yashb10

Hello, I'm interested in your asset. Could you specify the required GPU features? please. That would be a great help.

2. VRotein

VRotein

Hello. I got to know your asset because I have a 360 video capture project this time. But the other asset is hard to use because it has a twist like the image I have attached. Does your asset have this twist?

Attached Files:

• 01.jpg
      01.jpg
      File size:
      240.8 KB
      Views:
    • 02.jpg
      02.jpg
      File size:
      237.1 KB
      Views:
    • 03.jpg
      03.jpg
      File size:
      134.1 KB
      Views:
  3. helpfull

helpfull

img00000.jpg
    A strange cube shape appears when working with 8k resolution.
    Please help me.

img00001.jpg (4k rosolution is fine.)

4. JohnRossitter

JohnRossitter

Heya sorry on the late reply.
    It is much easier to get me on Skype.

So there is an issue with Unity's RenderToCubemap function at 8K resolution.
    It's been brought to their attention, but its low priority on their list.

The work around is to use the Legacy Sticther settings on the Helios Stitcher.
    That Should do the trick

Best of Luck

helpfull likes this.
  5. helpfull

helpfull

Oh! Thank you.
    The issue has been resolved.

6. erathien

erathien

Hi,
    as much as i love this addon, I do find I m getting a similar issue as Helpfull before me. The only difference is I m using 4k instead of 8K.

Would the issue be resolved with legacy stiching mode also ?

Kind Regard

Attached Files:

7. JohnRossitter

JohnRossitter

Hi,
    Yes it would

erathien likes this.
  8. AquaGhost

AquaGhost

Has it been tested in HDRP? Just got it and tried it on a blank HDRP project, and the test scene freezes, stuck at 0 frame recording with the helios ui flickering.

9. PIERRE999

PIERRE999

Hello John,

I bought your helios asset with pegasus to record 360 video in unity but it doesn't work for me.
    I have 2 issues.
    I attached the Helios 3d camera to my pegasus path. All my frames are reversed.
    The second problem is about capturing worldspace user interface elements. The helios 3D camera capture
    3d mesh and ui element in the preview mode but not during the recording phase. How can i fix that ?

Thank you,

Pierre.

Attached Files:

10. Tinder-Red

Tinder-Red

Hello it's about Helios 2D video. I use it with Pegasus. Is this normal, the Pegasus prefab child folder don't have a names it's just empty. I want also use post processing but i dont really anderstand where i must put it. THX for yours reply. I use Helios 1.3.6.
    PS: your Skype channel is very strange. it's from russia ????

11. jose_villalba

jose_villalba

hi,
    have you an update documentation? I purchase your asset yesterday but I can't configure. I'm using unity 2019.3.11.
    The example scene doesn't work.

12. yoiang

yoiang

13. CrandellWS

CrandellWS

Is this a dead asset I mean no updates for over 2 years...

14. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

I don’t know. The dev hasn’t been around much either.

But I’m using it right now for a video project in 2019.4 and it is still working. But I’ve only tried 2d as this project is not a VR one.

15. DevelopedReality

DevelopedReality

Hello,

I'm trying to use Helios with Pegasus in Unity 2019.4.2f1. I've been following the documentation but I keep getting errors when I try to record the audio output. I can't get the wav audio file as a result...just the raw file.

I saw another user with the same IOException error code above, but never saw a resolution to that issue.

Help?

Thanks,
    Kai

Error #1:

IOException: Sharing violation on path D:\DevelopedReality\TIYBY\MyLifeAsAFrog\Assets\UtopiaWorx\Helios\Sessions\MediaSceneAudio.raw
    System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share, System.Int32 bufferSize, System.Boolean anonymous, System.IO.FileOptions options) (at <fb001e01371b4adca20013e0ac763896>:0)
    System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share) (at <fb001e01371b4adca20013e0ac763896>:0)
    (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream..ctor(string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)
    System.IO.File.Open (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode) (at <fb001e01371b4adca20013e0ac763896>:0)
    UtopiaWorx.Helios.HeliosSessionRecorder.OnAudioFilterRead (System.Single[] data, System.Int32 channels) (at Assets/UtopiaWorx/Helios/scripts/SessionRecorder/HeliosSessionRecorder.cs:656)

Error #2:
    An infinite import loop has been detected. The following Assets were imported multiple times, but no changes to them have been detected. Please check if any custom code is trying to import them:
    Assets/UtopiaWorx/Helios/Sessions/MediaSceneAudio.raw

16. nanditho

nanditho

I love the asset when it come out action with Pegasus.
    There was no issue after importing the asset but when i tried to build my game, i got some errors

Assets\UtopiaWorx\Helios\scripts\PreviewCamera\PreviewCamera.cs(14,30): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Helios2D' does not exist in the namespace 'UtopiaWorx.Helios' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Assets\UtopiaWorx\Helios\scripts\PreviewCamera\PreviewCamera.cs(15,30): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Helios' does not exist in the namespace 'UtopiaWorx.Helios' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Can you elaborate these? Thanks
    *I have imported the aux asset as well

17. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

I think you can remove it before the build as it is not needed in the final game.
    Seems like that is in the instructions for it, but it's been awhile since I read through it.
    Hope you get it figured out.

unityunity