Search Unity

Heavy audio stutter in 5.4, but not 5.3

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Thelo, Oct 16, 2016.

1. jolix

jolix

Bump, this is a real issue! It's still there 4 years later with devs saying "won't fix" and "just use default".
    It's hard to believe that windows PCs, the most powerful gaming platform can't handle best latency when phones can.
    SFX sound horribly delayed with default settings, how is this ignored?! It's beyond me.

2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

I do not believe anyone at Unity is actively working on Audio stuff that isn't for the new DOTS solution.

Unity's current solution is a thin wrapper on an old version of FMOD, and I don't think anyone's maintaining it.

Just give up on it and use FMOD Studio. One of the benefits of using FMOD Studio is that the knowledge of using it won't go to waste when you'll get fed up with Unity and move to something else.

M_R_M and Starbox like this.
  3. zackblack

zackblack

I'm getting this on a standalone (release) build from Unity 2020.3.15f1 on Windows 10. The game will run perfectly normal and then after about 5-10 minutes of play, all game audio will start to "crawl" at about 1/2 to 3/4 speed with lots of popping and crackling. This will continue for a few minutes and then clear up. Anyone else have the same issue or a solution?

4. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Did you try changing the latency setting in project settings -> Audio?

5. benjakkuekkusu

benjakkuekkusu

In my case this is completely random, when i open my build i could get a perfectly clean sound, when in another re-open of the same build I get a massive glitchy stuttering, and yeah, DSP buffering to good instead of best latency fix it, (At least I want to believe, based on re-open the same build a bunch of times and not getting stuttering sound) but it sucks beacuse of the sound delay by no reason :(