Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Heatmaps

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by 99thmonkey, Sep 16, 2015.

1. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

I saw the new email today about heatmaps and how they will become more available and easier to use. I'm hopeful that there will be a full, blown-out description of this and such.

For me, I'm interested in how I can access this as I plan to develop some dynamic waypoint and cover points for my AI to travel based on where the action is happening. I know this all says where the players are dying, but I'm hoping to be able to access more data. That way I can dynamically create some classes of AI (easy, moderate, hard, extreme, and veteran) all based on how the players, play.

2. sschan

sschan

Hi @99thmonkey - Thanks for sharing your use case. When heatmaps are available we will make an announcement in our Forum. :D

3. marc_tanenbaum

marc_tanenbaum

Unity Technologies

@99thmonkey Just to add a little detail: heatmaps will allow you to log anything you like, not just player death. Essentially, you'll send an event — say, "DroppedBombHeatmapEvent" — and then generate a heatmap of exactly that type of event. So kills, death, clicks, dropped bombs, power-ups, position, whatever. The events you map are entirely up to you.