Search Unity

Assets Heatmap Generator - Unity Asset [WIP]

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by PeerPlay, Oct 21, 2017.

1. PeerPlay

PeerPlay

Hi there,
    I'm showing here the work in progress of the 'Heatmap Generator' Unity Asset I am creating, to be (hopefully) released early december to Unity Asset Store. So far, I have been only making free unity tutorials, but I've always wanted to create a great asset, and this is a project in which I think I can push the limits of my own skills, and release on the assetstore.

The asset will include a completely custom system, that allows level designers & developers, to see where players are looking in their game, to gain valuable information from their players.

Support for: Tobii EyeX, Oculus VR, Vive VR, Fove VR

These features, and many more will be included
    - custom easy to use inspector
    - custom heatmap colours
    - different heatmap visualization shaders
    - load any profile in the editor to view the results
    - save unlimited amount of profiles
    - option to combine different heatmaps into one global heatmap
    - custom brushes and different sizes of heatmap brushes

Please let me know what you think of an asset like this!

2. Pode

Pode

@PeerPlay : the asset seems really useful. I was planning to develop something like that, but if you create it, it's going to be faster.
    Are you planning to support Cardboard apps ? For example having an heatmap on a 360 video projected inside a cardboard app would be very useful !

3. PeerPlay

PeerPlay

I just received a similar question on 360 video, and this is something I am 'at this moment' looking into, to be implemented(extended) in the current asset. I can't make any promises at this stage, but I'm confident I'll find a way to make it work, and be (somewhat) optimized.

At this point the system works on any UVmapped meshcolliders(as only meshcolliders store texcoords info), and creates textures per model. This week I'll meet up with a VR company, that specializes in 360 video, and I will see if I can implement a system that works well with users/developers.

4. PeerPlay

PeerPlay

I'm adding support for 360 VR Video's, check out this demo!

5. Etshy1991

Etshy1991

This is awesome! when will you release it ?

cstenson likes this.
  6. mars_up

mars_up

do you have released your heatmap generator yet? i want to use heatmapping in a project too. can you help me?

7. ahunaxi

ahunaxi

This is amazing... pity it was not released!