Search Unity

Heard it through the grape vine....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jeffcraighead, Mar 15, 2009.

1. jeffcraighead

jeffcraighead

That EA is using Unity for an iPhone/Web combo project.... Congrats for snagging EA!

2. twitchfactor

twitchfactor

Where'd you hear this?

Doesn't EA have like a whole division that's been dedicated to mobile for years?!?

3. Diablohead

Diablohead

Maybe the web combo part is easier when a package already exists like unity.

4. Scrat

Scrat

Do you have a link?

I really hope that's true!

5. jeffcraighead

jeffcraighead

Was from a friend of one of the devs on the project. Don't have any details other than they are using Unity. My friend knows my work with Unity and was surprised/intrigued when his EA friend told him about the project using Unity.

6. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

So you have a friend that leaked possibly confidential company information to you about a product they might be using and you bring that information to that product's forums to talk about it? Man, I am _never_ leaking any Unity-related information to you. :eek: :p

7. jeffcraighead

jeffcraighead

Well the fact that a company is using a product is hardly news outside the house of said products developers now is it? :D Guess what, I heard that EA is using Photoshop in an upcoming game! :) So seeing as that I didn't mention anything specific about EAs products other than saying that one exists doesn't seem like any breach of confidentiality. That's like saying "Hey, I heard you guys are working on Unity 3.0 and it's using a new version of Mono." (which I never actually heard, but just an example) I think everyone assumes that a 3.0 will appear at some point and you'll be using some version of Mono. Maybe I should have put it on wikileaks instead. :D :p