Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Headset seemingly not detected

Discussion in 'VR' started by Charsmud, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Charsmud

Charsmud

Hi all,

I'm having difficulty with getting my headset (VIVE Cosmos) to do anything when I click Play. The game never loads onto the headset and shows "SteamVR Home" in the SteamVR window and never changes. The headset tracks fine outside of anything but Unity. I have installed OpenXR Plugin, XR Interaction Toolkit, XR Plugin Management as well. Under XR Plug-in Management in Project Settings, I have only OpenXR selected. The OpenXR submenu has OpenXR Runtime set to System Default and HTC Vive Controller Profile is loaded under Features. I have added an XR Interaction Manager and XR Rig (Action Based) to the scene, with Inputs from the XRI Default Input Actions. Each controller also has an Input Action Manager.

Any suggestions? I can upload a .zip of the project if it would be helpful.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  2. SpaceOwlGames

SpaceOwlGames

Is SteamVR set as OpenXR runtime?
    If you load up the "Controller Sample" scene from the OpenXR samples, does that work at all?

3. the_real_apoxol

the_real_apoxol

Unity Technologies

To double check if SteamVR is your active OpenXR runtime open SteamVR and go to Settings, make sure Advanced at the bottom is set to Show and then in the Developer tab on the left you should see either "Current OpenXR Runtime: SteamVR" or a button to set it as the active runtime.

lucutes likes this.
  4. Charsmud

Charsmud

SteamVR is set as the OpenXR runtime in Unity. I don't see a Controller Sample scene in the OpenXR samples.

It is set to ViveOpenXR. Switching to SteamVR has no effect - still no control in the Unity editor and the headset still shows and interacts with SteamVR Home.

5. the_real_apoxol

the_real_apoxol

Unity Technologies

Can you PM me your editor.log file ?

6. Charsmud

Charsmud

I've attached the log file to this post!

Attached Files:

7. the_real_apoxol

the_real_apoxol

Unity Technologies

I dont see anything in your log indicating you are running it in the editor. Did you hit play at all before you sent that log? Also are you sure OpenXR is enabled for the standalone built target?