Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only.

Please, do not make any changes to your username or email addresses at id.unity.com during this transition time.

It's still possible to reply to existing private message conversations during the migration, but any new replies you post will be missing after the main migration is complete. We'll do our best to migrate these messages in a follow-up step.

On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live.

Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Heads Up about Unity builds and Mac OS X 10.4.3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jonathan Czeck, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Jonathan Czeck

Jonathan Czeck

There seems to be a bug with Mac OS X built players and the latest greatest Mac OS X.

Basically, there is no Quit item in the menu bar, so you must force quit to quit.

I'll see if a quick script will work around it for now... but..

D'oh!

-Jon

2. Jonathan Czeck

Jonathan Czeck

For the mean time you can work around the bug by attaching this JavaScript to some object in your hierarchy:

Code (csharp):
    1. function Update ()
    2. {
    3.     if ((Input.GetKey("left cmd") || Input.GetKey("right cmd"))  Input.GetKey("q"))
    4.         Application.Quit();
    5. }
    -Jon

3. NicholasFrancis

NicholasFrancis

Thanks aarku... I got a small shudder when I saw that 10.4.3 had landed, but I have to ship a build tomorrow so I didn't dare update just now...

Can you verify whether the Web-plugin works correctly. I saw that Apple had made some improvements to SW3D integration in safari, and I would really like to know if they broke something for us in the process....

4. Jonathan Czeck

Jonathan Czeck

Everything I've tested with the web player and dashboard player worked just fine. Dare I say it seems like the plugin for the web player loaded a hell of a lot faster...

-Jon

5. thylaxene

thylaxene

Also of interest is that Apple's OpenGL 2.0 support went from 66% (10.4.2) to 77% (10.4.3). According to OpenGL Extensions Viewer. Go Apple Go! Nearly at 100% :D

Cheers.

6. Jonathan Czeck

Jonathan Czeck

Poor hangt5 in the IRC channel today got stuck in a Unity game fullscreen and couldn't force quit and had to hard restart. Perhaps making this thread a sticky or more visible somehow could save some people? :(

Yay for OS update breaking weird things. I had a heck of a time getting fullscreen working in Tiger with one of my games, for instance. Worked fine in every other OS. Oh well...

-Jon

7. Jonathan Czeck

Jonathan Czeck

If you're still reading this sticky, you should know:

This was fixed a while ago.

-Jon