Search Unity

Question heads and trails particle system is not showing in android

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by oneted_7, Jun 23, 2021.

1. oneted_7

oneted_7

Well ,For some days i am making an android game with vfx.
    i am using 4 particle system for 1 object .
    1. empty particle system
    2. swarms particle system
    3.heads and trails
    4.heads and sparks
    problem is 3&4.they are not showing in android version but is showing in the scene.( tested in honor 8)
    before writing this , I tried add ( legacy mobile ) particle additive to graphic tab in player setting . but did not help.
    after some test I understood problem is not Shaders or any limit from device.
    also insted heads I used swarms ("unusual:D") with trails , but still did not work .(again i am saying in pc all thing is ok but android nope.)
    so I guess problem is cuz heads . :rolleyes::rolleyes:

there is +999 warning like this :
    Shader warning in '[blue] [Heads] Update Particle': conversion from larger type to smaller, possible loss of data at kernel CSMain at )/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.core@10.3.2/ShaderLibrary/SpaceTransforms.hlsl(147) (on gles3)
    and something else .
    there is a lot type of these warnings.

How can i solve this ?

Update : using solo trails wont show , so problem is not heads.using solo heads is ok .
    maybe in rendering.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      159.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  2. Deleted User

Deleted User

well it has been 2 days working on that, particle system trail not showing on android build, I am seriously going crazy

3. VladVNeykov

VladVNeykov

Unity Technologies

Hey @oneted_7 ,

From your screenshot it looks like your spawner is disabled.

So the first step would be definitely enabling it :) (probably just the way it was when you screenshotted it, as you mentioned it did work for you in the editor).

For the actual Android issues, we recently fixed a number of mobile-related issues. I see from your error that you are on 10.3.0; the fixes have landed in 10.7.0 so upgrading Unity/your VFX package to latest might resolve your issues.

That being said, Unity's Built-in Particle system is the recommended particle option when targeting mobile platforms since the VFX Graph is using GPU particles and the GPU architecture varies widely from device to device. Many mobile devices are also not compute-capable and will not be able to run the VFX Graph.

Attached Files: