Search Unity

Bug Head tracking stops working when Oculus Quest Universal Menu is opened in Unity 2021.2.

Discussion in 'VR' started by Devil_Inside, Nov 10, 2021.

1. Devil_Inside

Devil_Inside

I updated to Unity 2021.2 from 2021.1 and noticed that when opening the Oculus Quest Universal Menu, my game stops tracking the head. The Universal Menu renders fine in the foreground, but the background that is supposed to render my game with head tracking, has the camera stuck in the last known position, so it feels like the world is glued to your face.
    It creates a really weird feeling and is definitely not the expected behavior.

2. Devil_Inside

Devil_Inside

Ok, I figured out this super weird issue.
    Apparently, for the game to keep rendering and tracking when you open the Universal Menu, it has to "Run in Background".
    You can toggle a "Run in Background" checkbox in Player settings under Resolution And Presentation.
    The weird part is that:
    1. This checkbox is only visible under "Windows, Mac and Linux" tab and is not available under "Android" tab.
    2. Once you toggle it on under the "Windows, Mac and Linux" tab and switch to "Android" tab, it automatically toggles off.
    3. The only way to keep to checkbox toggled is to switch to "Windows, Mac and Linux" tab, toggle the checkbox on, collapse the "Resolution and Presentation" section and never expand it again under the "Android" tab.

MissingNo7, Ymmersive and DevDunk like this.
  3. DevDunk

DevDunk

Thanks!
    Please file a bug report for this so it can be fixed!

4. Devil_Inside

Devil_Inside

Yes, I did that already (case 1380029).
    As a workaround, you can also set Application.runInBackground = true in code. That also seems to fix the issue with the Universal Menu.

ImreT01 and DevDunk like this.
  5. ImreT01

ImreT01

The workaround works. Thx.