Search Unity

he type or namespace name 'SpatialTracking' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine' (are you m

Discussion in 'ARCore' started by CrocsxG, Mar 26, 2019.

1. CrocsxG

CrocsxG

I am using latest unity 2018.3.10f1 and I have the following error in google SDK AR CORE.
    There is similar issue on the internet, all say that updating unity would fix the issue, but since I have the latest option, I wanted to know if there is a fix ?

I have commented out the function that need this feature (cause I do not use it) but if you have any clue.

thanks

2. tdmowrer

tdmowrer

Unity Technologies

I just opened https://github.com/google-ar/arcore-unity-sdk in Unity 2018.3.10f1 without any errors. Do you have the latest ARCore SDK for Unity? If so, can you paste the full error message here?

3. Fattie

Fattie

I found that simply UPDATING EVERYTHING IN PACKAGE MANAGER seems to fix this problem.

bowserscastle likes this.
  4. tdmowrer

tdmowrer

Unity Technologies

Just to clarify for future readers of this thread: OP mentions using "google SDK AR CORE", which is a plugin provided by Google.

However, "UPDATING EVERYTHING IN PACKAGE MANAGER" suggests you are using ARFoundation, which is different. ARFoundation 1.0 is only compatible with Unity 2018.3. Unity 2019.1+ requires ARFoundation 1.1, which resolves the compilation errors related to
    UnityEngine.SpatialTracking

5. Fattie

Fattie

Quite right, @tdmowrer sorry to add to the confusion.

In my case I was using Unity's current (I think only?) AR sample project: https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/arfoundation-samples

In a word, if you "download that and try it" at the moment, (it has not been updated in a long time) you get the same error as in this question; if you google there's a pile of QA about it. Indeed simply "updating everything" fortunately fixes the problem with /arfoundation-samples. Thanks.

TheKingOfTheRoad likes this.
  6. dormouse

dormouse

I got the same errors after upgrading Unity3D to 2019.2.0f1 using Unity Hub.
    in the attach, you can find all errors after importing ARCore SDK 1.10.
    Please help us to find a solution. thanks

Attached Files: