Search Unity

Bug HDRP + VR + Single Pass + World Space Canvas only on left eye

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by EwieElektro, Aug 7, 2020.

1. EwieElektro

EwieElektro

Hey Unity,
    So why is this Bug still present? It make HDRP + VR complete useless. I mean, mostly you need a World Space Canvas in VR to display some information to the user. This bug is so old, and still exist in the newest versions. How can it be that the HDRP is marked as production ready, when it's definetly not true?
    Maybe just the UI Default Shader need an update? (and the TextMeshPro shaders...?)
    I love all the new features from unity, but they are so irrelevant when there are still so old and important bugs.
    So please unity, fix this bug

Best regards
    Rob

Kerphelio and Kagyu like this.
  2. fabien-unity

fabien-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi Rob,
    This is fixed with Unity 2020.2 + SRP 10.x

We're in the process of fixing this for 2019.4 as well.
    Stay tuned.

Fabien

foonix and Kagyu like this.
  3. Kagyu

Kagyu

Where can I get SRP 10.x for Unity 2020.2? I do not see it in the Package Manager' preview packages. No 10.x in git hub.
    I really like to try it out. Now I am working on a HDRP VR project with UI. At this moment, I adopt the "second camera to rendering texture" method as a temporal workaround. If possible, I like to check what kind of issue can be happen when I recover it to the "default" way.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    DigitalAdam likes this.
  4. RichTufty

RichTufty

Hi Fabien,
    Is there a time frame for this to be fixed in 2019.4?
    Cheers, Rich

5. xofreshxo

xofreshxo

6. foonix

foonix

I have not found a ShaderGraph Canvas shader that addresses the stencil buffer issues. This prevents canvas masking from working. Also it's not solving this issue for TextMesh Pro.

Thanks for all your work @fabien-unity . Is there an issue tracking this? I've also tried digging through the git repo but can't find it.