Search Unity

HDRP VR Issues with 2019.2 and 2019.3

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by JohnKP-Mindshow, Sep 20, 2019.

1. JohnKP-Mindshow

JohnKP-Mindshow

According to the following:
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/c...es.high-definition@6.9/manual/VR-in-HDRP.html

VR should be supported in HDRP with 'Single Pass Instanced' rendering in 2019.2 (and 2019.3?).

However, I'm seeing varying results from my test in the provided HDRP SampleScene:

Oculus SDK + Single Pass Instance:
    - Rendering stutters when moving your head. When headset is removed from head, only half of the view renders on the monitor.

Oculus SDK + Multipass :
    - Runs mostly as expected

OpenVR + Any type of rendering (Single Pass, Single Pass Instanced, Multipass):
    - Gets ~3FPS, with CPU reporting 500ms of frame time. Every other frame black

I filed a ticket and provided a sample project (really, was just an empty project with HDRP and the SampleScene).

Any updates on what we should be using for the mentioned HDRP VR support, especially for OpenVR?

2. JasonCostanza

JasonCostanza

Unity Technologies

What's the ticket number?

3. JohnKP-Mindshow

JohnKP-Mindshow

(Case 1185462) HDRP VR Performance in example scene is around 3FPS and stuttering with OpenVR + Single Pass Instanced

JasonCostanza likes this.
  4. JasonCostanza

JasonCostanza

Unity Technologies

Awesome, thank you! I will try to grab and look at that bug as soon as I can. If we're able to reproduce it here, we'll get it to our devs right away.

5. JohnKP-Mindshow

JohnKP-Mindshow

Great! Thanks for the quick response

JasonCostanza likes this.
  6. Denchyaknow

Denchyaknow

I am also having issues with OpenVR and HDRP, using the OVR manager from the Oculus SDK. We also cant build. were you able to build JohnKP?

7. JohnKP-Mindshow

JohnKP-Mindshow

I was able to build successfully with OpenVR and OVR, but OpenVR (like the editor) was unusable.

What is the issue you are running into?

8. Denchyaknow

Denchyaknow

I currently get stuck build dur to a memory leak, even building a blank scene with a camera and cube doesnt build. upload_2019-10-3_17-30-43.png

Stops usually right there and start aloocating around 30+ gigs of ram lol.

for the other issue tho
    I suspect for openVR its not getting the same optimizations as OVR gives the rift.

9. JohnKP-Mindshow

JohnKP-Mindshow

Strange, the build took a LONG time for me, but it did eventually finish.

Have you reproduced this in an empty project with just HRDP? If so I would file a ticket, they were really responsive about my ticket about VR issues in HRDP